Re: How to fix crashing in Apex Legends.[Permanent]

by kto1b

Original Post

★ Guide
You are still falsely presuming my knowledge just because I won't quote you and write an essay. You are also completely confusing yourself now. WHEA error is directly system instability related. No one is having WHEA errors I can't even imagine why you brought it up except to highlight even further that your system is unstable.
Message 21 of 60 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:
You are still falsely presuming my knowledge just because I won't quote you and write an essay. You are also completely confusing yourself now. WHEA error is directly system instability related. No one is having WHEA errors I can't even imagine why you brought it up except to highlight even further that your system is unstable.

"No one is having WHEA errors " - you have no idea what you're talking about and this shows that you haven't read any threads. You can now check the main Crashing thread and see that there are people having this issue as well, combined with bad_module_info.
"WHEA error is directly system instability related" - System instability, CONNECTED TO THE CPU. This is not an error, it's categorised as a "Warning" in the Even Viewer, but shows enough to troubleshoot.

I will now stop explaining you the basics, because you have no chance to understand a thing.

Now start playing again and continue to crash..

Message 22 of 60 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been here nearly every day champ and haven't seen WHEA error mentioned once. I think its really cute how you think you know so much but you are so confused.[Removed by CM] If you are so confident about your fix why are you not sharing it in all these other threads? Simple because its a load and you are full of it. I'm glad you fixed your unstable system but this is useless for anyone else. Not to mention how * irresponsible it is to blindly expect people to adjust their voltage the way you have suggested without specifying what generation of chip this applies too. I can just imagine a load of people that have reset their bios, potentially lost access to windows, and are also cooking their chips. You really need to reassess yourself here I can't highlight enough how bad this thread is.

Message 23 of 60 (1,340 Views)

★★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:

Cool story why don't you join some of the 100+ page mega threads and call Respawn and tell them you have solved it for everyone with your permanent fix.

In fact all you have done is underclock for avx2 instructions meaning that you did infact have unstable overclock. Give it up.

Do you even realise that prior to haswell there was no avx2 instruction set? Everything points to your own instability and if you have 100% solved it then you aren't even having the same crash issue as others you just had an unstable computer.

I disagree with the bolded part. If a system is 100% stable in much more demanding scenarios that also use AVX instructions then this is obviously a stability issue on their side regarding this particular crash. And according to the tests it's probably related to the game's poor AVX instructions handling.

I was getting the "bad_module_info" error in event viewer before I applied this method, how do you explain me having that error? Is it related to bad cpu overclock? Does anybody else know this? Because if it is related to it, then you would be right about the CPU instability claims.

Message 24 of 60 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just uncapped framerate to crash on purpose I don't ever get anything in event viewer my issue isn't bad_module_info so I don't really know. That still highlights to me cpu instability issue for people that get it and fix it this method.

edit; i dont even get apex_crash.txt file either...

Message 25 of 60 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:

I just uncapped framerate to crash on purpose I don't ever get anything in event viewer my issue isn't bad_module_info so I don't really know. That still highlights to me cpu instability issue for people that get it and fix it this method.

edit; i dont even get apex_crash.txt file either...

You don't get nothing in event viewer/windows logs/application?

The apex_crash.txt should be under Computer/Documents.

Now answer me few more questions regarding your cpu instability claim:

1. Why are much more demanding stress tests and games not crashing on the old OC, but only Apex if CPU instability is the problem?

2. Why is limiting FPS to 60-80 any different, does this also mean that people who "fixed" the game that way have unstable CPU/GPU overclocks?

3. A lot of people who crash when not limiting FPS run their system on stock settings, if there is no OC does it mean their HW is faulty?

Message 26 of 60 (1,232 Views)

★ Guide

Look, as much as I and I'm sure the community here appreciates the help I think its ridiculous to expect players to mess around in their BIOS to play a game without it crashing randomly. This crash has been happening since the season pass Patch. Asking people to under clock their PC's or change this and that is Bullsh$#. I know you are just trying to help but this kinda crap needs to stop because its not our jobs to fix a game its EA's job. They Suck enough money out of gamers so there's no excuse for this rubbish. 

Its like they are expecting us to tweak this and that just to play the game. They are waiting for us to fix it for them at this point. F that.

Message 27 of 60 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm 100% sure that they wont fix any game crashes.. It doesn't happen to popular streamers why should they fix it then... EA is all bout money. [Removed by CM]

Message 28 of 60 (1,216 Views)

Community Manager

This back and forth ends here, there is never any need to bypass the swear filter or attack another user.

If from here on out, another user posts in a manner to bypass the swear filter or attack another user then they will be facing a ban.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 29 of 60 (1,211 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry this is on the developer's end. It's bad code - plain and simple.

No amount of "tweaking" your system will fix this, otherwise it wouldn't be happening to everybody.

Message 30 of 60 (1,205 Views)