Re: How to fix crashing in Apex Legends.[Permanent]

by Rippthrough

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@_S7ORM-BRINGR wrote:

Thank you for the support. Standard smile

Glad I'm not the only one fixing it with voltage and avx.

Just an addition to your points:

1. This is not true, at least in my case. I run BFV, without offsets, 5100GHZ and the game has never crashed for me. Moreover, Prime95 is stable. Apex is the first game that crashed with my new build and overclocks in the past months.

2. Same as above.

3. This is partly correct. You're right that stability issues connected to the CPU will mostly result in hard freeze and blue screens, but this is only when your voltage is way too low and can't handle the mhz. Otherwise, it could result in crashing to desktop. Tested this myself last weekend.
4. That's correct, but then again, why my system crashes on 4.7 voltage with Intel's Turbo Boost, but doesn't crash on the stock 4.6 Turbo boost? Standard smile Same settings, auto voltage only the Mhz are 100 higher. You know that auto voltage setting in the bios always provides more voltage that the CPU actually needs, but somehow this is not working with Apex Legends. I realized that when the avx offset is on 2, I can even go to 5100mhz (it also worked on 5000) without crashes.

Anyway, this IS a FIX, problem is that there are a lot of people having this. Not sure if Respawn will fix this though.

I will try to help people in this thread who are willing to try.

Maybe you got my first two points wrong, but we are basically talking about the same thing ^^

I also run prime and bf5 without any issues, but Apex crashes for some reason. In other words it's not the problem in the hw or stability, but in their game. Luckily they're aware of that.

With the rest I (also) agree Wink

Message 11 of 60 (1,624 Views)

★★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:
You have 'an' answer not 'the' answer. You are still posturing as though you have solved it, this is what is angering me. You think my OC is unstable with no information? You are just vomiting now. I have already tried stock settings. It sounds more like both of you have unstable overclocks. If you think this solution is any more permanent than capping framerates to alleviate stability you are insane.

Of course it's not "the answer", the only answer is Respawn fixing the issues. This is only feedback for the devs to gather as much data as possible to fix the problems faster.

Well, unlocked FPS in exchange for 200mhz lower OC is a much better solution then 200mhz higher OC and FPS capped at 60-80, don't you agree?

Message 12 of 60 (1,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sure except it doesn't work, and I wasn't the one saying it was the solution that is what I was digging at OP about. Taking my overclocks off still crashed but presuming it didn't, I'd still be suffering a performance deficit in intensive scenes and the cpu would max out earlier probably causing the issue sooner. This is at best an alternative work around to capping frame rates only applicable to late hardware with avx offset support.

edit; I will apologize for my poor manners and aggression I only come back here every other day for updates on crashing it is very frustrating and I shouldn't take it out on others. However when you knock the only solutions that work for most AMD graphics card users regardless of CPU you are really pushing my buttons especially when your "Permanent Solution" is simply another method of dodging full load

Message 13 of 60 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How about *not* labelling **** like this a "Permanent Fix" - when it isn't - and then you probably wouldn't annoy quite as many people. It's nothing more than a help guide for the inexperienced, which won't fix the majority of people's issues.
 Not to mention you certainly shouldn't be having those same inexperienced people going into the bios and increasing voltages - great way for someone to fry a chip, especially when you're evidently not that experienced yourself as you assume everyones CPU should be fine at 1.3v (hint, different CPU's all run at different voltages)

Message 14 of 60 (1,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

[Removed by CM]

Same Cpu but i have an Rx580 Amd instead of a Nvidia 1050ti
Before upgrading my Gpu i never crashed.
I updated my video card and i constantly crashed.

Don't listen to this guy, don't mess with your bios.
Don't go messing with your voltage settings
The crashing needs to be fixed on Respawns end (hopefully today)

Message 15 of 60 (1,611 Views)

★ Guide

@CroL0co wrote:

@_S7ORM-BRINGR wrote:

Thank you for the support. Standard smile

Glad I'm not the only one fixing it with voltage and avx.

Just an addition to your points:

1. This is not true, at least in my case. I run BFV, without offsets, 5100GHZ and the game has never crashed for me. Moreover, Prime95 is stable. Apex is the first game that crashed with my new build and overclocks in the past months.

2. Same as above.

3. This is partly correct. You're right that stability issues connected to the CPU will mostly result in hard freeze and blue screens, but this is only when your voltage is way too low and can't handle the mhz. Otherwise, it could result in crashing to desktop. Tested this myself last weekend.
4. That's correct, but then again, why my system crashes on 4.7 voltage with Intel's Turbo Boost, but doesn't crash on the stock 4.6 Turbo boost? Standard smile Same settings, auto voltage only the Mhz are 100 higher. You know that auto voltage setting in the bios always provides more voltage that the CPU actually needs, but somehow this is not working with Apex Legends. I realized that when the avx offset is on 2, I can even go to 5100mhz (it also worked on 5000) without crashes.

Anyway, this IS a FIX, problem is that there are a lot of people having this. Not sure if Respawn will fix this though.

I will try to help people in this thread who are willing to try.

Maybe you got my first two points wrong, but we are basically talking about the same thing ^^

I also run prime and bf5 without any issues, but Apex crashes for some reason. In other words it's not the problem in the hw or stability, but in their game. Luckily they're aware of that.

With the rest I (also) agree Wink

Yup, it's on their side, but I have a feeling they won't fix it.. at least for now. If it's on the game engine, that will require not only time, but investments + a lot of people with that issue. I'm not convinced that the % of people having this issue is enough to catch their attention. I really hope this will happen today, though. Either way you and I have found the fix, but apparently there are a lot of people out there with crashing problems. Some of them are trying to attack me on this thread, I'm not surprised, I was expecting that.

Message 16 of 60 (1,598 Views)

★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:

You have 'an' answer not 'the' answer. You are still posturing as though you have solved it, this is what is angering me. You think my OC is unstable with no information? You are just vomiting now. I have already tried stock settings. It sounds more like both of you have unstable overclocks. If you think this solution is any more permanent than capping framerates to alleviate instability you are insane.

Currently playing with maximum overclocks my build can handle with no crashes, so your argument is invalid.

Message 17 of 60 (1,597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
this is general tab view:

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x105c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ddf751e7e05b
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 37f580c8-f47d-4acb-87d4-5ae564231224
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

idk if this is the system tab but i clicked on details:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-03-19T02:32:10.111081500Z

EventRecordID 20507

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-HDVPNMH

Security

- EventData

bad_module_info
unknown
105c
01d4ddf751e7e05b
bad_module_info
unknown
37f580c8-f47d-4acb-87d4-5ae564231224

Message 18 of 60 (1,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Cool story why don't you join some of the 100+ page mega threads and call Respawn and tell them you have solved it for everyone with your permanent fix.

In fact all you have done is underclock for avx2 instructions meaning that you did infact have unstable overclock. Give it up.

Do you even realise that prior to haswell there was no avx2 instruction set? Everything points to your own instability and if you have 100% solved it then you aren't even having the same crash issue as others you just had an unstable computer.

Message 19 of 60 (1,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kto1b wrote:

Cool story why don't you join some of the 100+ page mega threads and call Respawn and tell them you have solved it for everyone with your permanent fix.

In fact all you have done is underclock for avx2 instructions meaning that you did infact have unstable overclock. Give it up.

Do you even realise that prior to haswell there was no avx2 instruction set? Everything points to your own instability and if you have 100% solved it then you aren't even having the same crash issue as others you just had an unstable computer.

I think you're missing the point here. What makes your build unstable and all other build is THE GAME. Your system can be 100% stable, but the game is the the one that is making your build UNSTABLE.

The fix I've provided is a workaround and yes, it's working 100% when we're talking about "bad_module_info" , "WHEA_Logger" and the "EXCEPTION" log that you can now see in the Documents Folder. I presumed this issue won't be fixed with yesterday's patch, and I was right.

Btw, I still don't have any crashes with the recent patch with the workaround below.

I noticed the devs added a crash log, which is great for them to see how many people are having the EXCEPTION error. Not sure when they will fix this though.

The fix below is for people who understand what they're doing or for people who want to learn even something new and test. You won't help yourself by only complaining on the forums and talking trash.

"A fool is not the one who is uneducated, but the one who doesn't want to learn"

Message 20 of 60 (1,467 Views)