How to change character name?

by BrethrenofLight

Original Post

How to change character name?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hello to all!

Ive been playing Star Wars TOR for some time on and off now and have really enjoyed it. Made 3 characters at the same time, picked my own unique names that i made for them. However, i sign in today to update the game after some time of not playing and it says i can't play as my Jedi guardian cause of a name problem? How is this so if ive played as him in the past and have had no problems before?? Do they want me to pay to change his name? I definitely wont. Is there any other way to change his name? I mean how can someone take a name that i made up out of thin air that wasnt taken to begin with? Doesn't make sense. Thanks guys.

Edit: A side question, is something going on with the north american servers? I sign in and in 1 minute it gets signed out because problem with connection. I know my connection is fine cause i play team fortress 2 and its all good. Thanks
Message 1 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: How to change character name?

Hero

@BrethrenofLight

The Name got taken in the United Forces Update for more Info look here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

You should be able to change the Names, free of charge, of your Twinks that loosed their Names, UI, not sure if at the Character Select Screen or in  your Account on swtor.com.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 3 (366 Views)

Re: How to change character name?

★★★ Newbie
@Ahengrim

Thank you for the reply! I was just able to change my name. Interesting update too. Have a great day man, may the force be with you!
Message 3 of 3 (344 Views)