Re: How to cancel a Pre-order?

by nishantkhatod

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same here. I pre-ordered ME:A on 02/22 and now I see no option to cancel it in my Order History, it's marked Completed and that's it.

I just realized today I could effectively buy the game slightly cheaper and get it a week earlier (well, 10 hours of it, that is) if I could 1: cancel that pre-order, 2: buy the Access monthly subscription for March, 3: buy the game again with the 10% Access discount (which roughly cancels out the Access fee of the month [or more, depending if the discount applies to the net or net+VAT total price).

This was the very first pre-order I ever placed for a game and I guess it will be the very last one because I got zero benefit of paying early but I did get locked out of potential benefits later on the road (still pre-launch!). Almost outrageous but I am the fool here, so...

Message 11 of 16 (2,992 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I was able to cancel my pre-order of Mass Effect Andromeda today by contacting EA (https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/). The Game Adviser that chatted with me was super helpful and friendly, and he even gave me a 15% discount towards future Origin purchases.

Hope this helps!

Message 12 of 16 (53,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Couldnt get the chat to work, but I was able to cancel my preorder for Andromeda through the telephone contact. Advisor was very helpful.

Message 13 of 16 (2,766 Views)

★★ Novice

There ain't any option to "cancel" anything... Please check the attachment.

Message 14 of 16 (2,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so so so much!!!
Message 15 of 16 (2,418 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I want cancel my fifa 22 pre order too because of server is too bad and not useful in canada so I don't want play anymore this game

Message 16 of 16 (1,177 Views)