How to Keep Ports Open for SWTOR to successfully Launch the Game?

by JaguarXJR15

Original Post

Re: How to Keep Ports Open for SWTOR to successfully Launch the Game?

[ Edited ]

@JaguarXJR15

Have you considered uninstalling the cheat engine you have installed ? the launcher will have anti cheat detection, havent checked if this is the issue yet.

In regards to sfc unable to fix the corruption, open the command prompt as administrator again and try the below command

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 41 of 57 (796 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

that fix didn't work but tell me about the cheat engine I don't know of any I have if I do I will uninstall and see if that fixes the swtor launcher not loading!

Message 42 of 57 (777 Views)

@JaguarXJR15

What occurred when you ran the dism command ?

I can see it listed in the start menu in the msinfo file

Start Menu\Programs\Cheat Engine 6.5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Cheat Engine 6.5 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Cheat Engine 6.5\Kernel stuff Public:Start Menu\Programs\Cheat Engine 6.5\Kernel stuff Public

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 43 of 57 (767 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

the dism said the restore operation completed successfully I uninstalled the cheat engine and still no go the swtor launcher will not load!

Message 44 of 57 (760 Views)

@JaguarXJR15

See if using the sfc /scannow now says no issues found

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 45 of 57 (756 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

it said it successfully repaired corrupt files

Message 46 of 57 (749 Views)

@JaguarXJR15

Hopefully that will allow the windows up date to install now

Trying this computer on a different internet connection is best to work out if it is an issue on the computer itself or something to do with the router/modem firewall etc

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 47 of 57 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

windows update for (KB4343909) - Error 0x8e5e0147 didn't work. u have any ideas for swtor launcher loading issues though?

all my games work fine. except swtor. the launcher wont load even if I reinstall the game.

Message 48 of 57 (742 Views)

@JaguarXJR15

Without testing that computer on a different internet connection is is guessing where the issue lays

The launcher is based on the chromium framework and has such files like libcef.dll , it may be possible if other versions of the dll files exist it may work once and then lock onto a different version in the global path and fail but i would of expected error reports , given there are none related to swtor it is almost like something is blocking, but then we are back to needing to determine if it is the computer or the router/modem firewall etc.

In regards to windows update you can try installing it manually - the one you want should be the cumulative 3rd from the bottom on this link for x64 based systems and is likely best done in a clean boot to ensure the av etc are not interfering

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 49 of 57 (730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried installing it manually it said it failed at the very end when it finished so forget that from now on don't worry about it. I just want to fix swtor! ok basically I need u guys to tell bioware to fix their broken game cause even after reinstalling the game it doesn't launch but all my other games work fine. its a bug/problem with the game itself like the launcher it works in safe mode but for whatever reason it mysteriously just stopped working 2 months ago yes u could say its my computer yes u could say a reformat could fix this mysterious bug but im going through this first to see if any of u guys know why a launcher would stop working when I didn't even tamper with it also I want u guys to know this is a gaming computer like it would run this game fine 100% when I first installed it back in 2012 it was running fine for 5+ years then this bug mysteriously keeps it from working. anyway long story short:

launcher doesn't load. it attempts to but hangs in taskmanager. I tried numerous launcher fixes it still hangs in task manager and doesn't load the GUI for the interface of the launcher. if you guys KNOW any FIX for the launcher not loading please tell me just tell me ideas regarding the launcher only not stuff like windows update please thank you!

Message 50 of 57 (710 Views)