How likely am I to be unbanned?

by MungTao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How likely am I to be unbanned?

★ Novice

I was banned for seemingly no reason at all ( I dont cheat or harass players at all). So when I contacted the customer support they said to check if I had 2 step verification on, whcih I didnt, but on that page there was russian writing.  So someone was on my account and didnt have my password, or they would have just changed it. I was told it was my email that was compromised and I fixed that.  Anywhere I post this people say "you must have cheated" and accuse me of lying.  The thought might have crossed your mind right now. I cant convince anyone, and how does one prove that?  All I am saying is in the off chance that Im not a lying scumbag and just a fan of the game wrongfully banned, what happens next?  I sent a copy of the conversation to whatever email address they provided me to expedite things a little, and he said he was going to talk to someone personally, whatever that means.  How long must I wait to hear anything back?  I assume I was banned for my own protection, but if not do I get a reason why?  I am so in the dark and feel so helpless.  Call it a sob story if you want, I didnt do anything to anyone.  I loved this game and put money in it because I wanted to support my new favorite game.  Now I resent it and want my money back.  

Message 1 of 12 (2,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How likely am I to be unbanned?

Champion
@v_Nismai_v If your partner been banned then please head over and appeal you ban here:
http://help.ea.com/contact-us/

Please read this here:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Now how "likely" you are to get your account unbanned depends on the reasons behind the ban, if there is doubt about your story or lack of evidence and more that can't be disclosed here.
But only way to know if your partner may get an appeal is to send in one and wait for the correct department to investigate and make an decision, which could take a while.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (2,007 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Unfortunately, you have a 2% chance or under of getting unbanned.
Message 2 of 12 (2,268 Views)

★ Novice

This is so unfair. If I make a new name, does that compromise my main name?  I dont want to actually do something banworthy, and some places consider making an alt account ban avoidance and could potentially blow my whole account, and not just for apex.  ATM I cant play apex, but I can still play all my other games.

Message 3 of 12 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey Standard smile 

Get hacked and banned for a game? I thought EA would limit your EA account so they can recover it back to you.

First of all, Account secruity is a self duty, Iam not sure how EA handle it, but on Steam. No come back, if you get hacked and banned own fall for lack of secruity. And forums would just link you to FAQ section.

Internet Security from any branch is cheap now day, with discount code and so on. 

But yea it suck to get banned, but I think EA would say, it you own fault. And they can see on IP, if there was a hack and a change on account that is not usual.

But good luck with getting your account unbanned. Standard smile

Message 4 of 12 (2,236 Views)

★ Novice

I guess its just up in the air weather I`ll ever be allowed to play this game again or not. And if so, when.  

Message 5 of 12 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MungTao I know this was a while ago but did you ever get unbanned? My partner is in a similar situation now and she’s so upset because she’s genuinely done nothing wrong, we even caught someone in the act of using her account.
Message 6 of 12 (2,026 Views)

Champion
@v_Nismai_v If your partner been banned then please head over and appeal you ban here:
http://help.ea.com/contact-us/

Please read this here:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Now how "likely" you are to get your account unbanned depends on the reasons behind the ban, if there is doubt about your story or lack of evidence and more that can't be disclosed here.
But only way to know if your partner may get an appeal is to send in one and wait for the correct department to investigate and make an decision, which could take a while.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 12 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk We already appealed it and they said their decision is justified. It’s so unfair though, they should clearly be able to see that she was hacked by the fact she immediately changed her password. I think it’s wrong how EA can pretty much delete all your hard work, and money you’ve spent, especially when you’re innocent.
Message 8 of 12 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have no idea how to cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got banned from NHL20 and 21.  It has been weeks that they have 'looked into it'.   I SEE WHO hacked me.  I SEE HIS friends.  It's clearly not me.  I am ready to toss the whole thing out.   At this point i'd rather get a refund and quit

Message 9 of 12 (1,657 Views)

@MilkJugManFam How do you know this
Message 10 of 12 (1,138 Views)