Re: How do you use a controller on a game compatible for one.

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you use a controller on a game compatible for one.

★★★ Newbie

I was playing star wars battlefront and noticed that there was controller support. how do you enable it? 

Message 1 of 3 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Most games you simply have to have a controller plugged into your PC, and fully installed by it.  Some games only recognize a certain controller, such as Xbox360 or Xbox1, but they usually state this somewhere.  Once you have an approved controller plugged up, if the game doesn't automatically use it, sometimes you just have to go into game options and select it.  I personally don't have battlefront, but this is how it works on Mass Effect Andromeda, Dragon Age Inquisition and most other games I have played.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

All Replies

Most games you simply have to have a controller plugged into your PC, and fully installed by it.  Some games only recognize a certain controller, such as Xbox360 or Xbox1, but they usually state this somewhere.  Once you have an approved controller plugged up, if the game doesn't automatically use it, sometimes you just have to go into game options and select it.  I personally don't have battlefront, but this is how it works on Mass Effect Andromeda, Dragon Age Inquisition and most other games I have played.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 3 (388 Views)

Community Manager

@harold000001Hey, to add to mcsupersport's post, within Battlefront the pad should just be detected automatically. When I play with one I just plug it in and press a button, and I can instantly swap from mouse & keyboard to the controller. 

It's not always this simple of course, can I check what type of controller you're trying to use? Most modern controllers will work but you might have to take some extra steps. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)