Re: How do I get the game to use my HOTAS?

by YankeeOneSeven

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I would ask for a refund but I am at the tail end of my EA pro subscription or whatever on Origin. If this game doesnt work with my HOTAS, then I have no reason to keep that subscription. Easy decision.

FIX THIS-do we know if they are at least looking at this?

Reposting my issue with details.

I too am having similar issues. Playing through Origin, using Thrustmaster 4 where is all connected to 1 USB cable, and the throttle doesnt work, but the joystick does. I have tried every combination of settings in the Thrustmaster utility etc. I have rebooted the game after each change.

Verified drivers are most current on stick and software.

Checked that it works in MS Flight Sim/DCS just fine

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 (only has 1 USB cord to connect/disconnect)

THROTTLE --> NOT working (but buttons on throttle do? wtf)

STICK---------->Wokring

Message 31 of 45 (690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SuperChadMonkey Exact same experience here. Having to use the rocker on the thrust handle for temporary thrust boost/reduction (with PS button toggled to red). :[
Message 32 of 45 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Having same issues. TM Warthog and Throttle are recognized. SWS can t detect my MFG v2 rudder because i have more than 3 devices. With other sims  i don t have problems with my 5 devices.

Message 33 of 45 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bumping this. They say fixes are in work, but only mention the dead zone issue. Please tell me they are going to fix this too....it is widespread.

Playing through Origin, using Thrustmaster 4 where is all connected to 1 USB cable, and the throttle doesnt work (but buttons on throttle do),  the joystick does. I have tried every combination of settings in the Thrustmaster utility etc. I have rebooted the game after each change.

Verified drivers are most current on stick and software.

Checked that it works in MS Flight Sim/DCS just fine

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 (only has 1 USB cord to connect/disconnect)

THROTTLE --> NOT working (but buttons on throttle do? wtf)

STICK---------->Wokring

Message 34 of 45 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue with my virpil MT50 throttle. Game detects my Vkb gunfighter stick and MFG crosswind pedals but nothing I do will convince the game I have my throttle plugged in. Steam sees it, windows sees it, every other blasted game sees it but not squadrons. It's infuriating. 

Message 35 of 45 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently there was a patch that may have fixed that today, however, here's my approach:

Make sure your HOTAS is hooked up before running the game (duh).

Try different USBs.

Check to see if another USB device may be messing with things.

Lastly, check to see if the game update fixed it.

Message 36 of 45 (579 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was not fixed today. I spoke to one of the developers on Reddit today that posted about fixing the drift issues. Asked if they fixed this specifically, and he said NO. "Hopefully in a future patch"

Your response also clearly demonstrates you havent even read the issues that we posted. You arent helping

Message 37 of 45 (572 Views)

★ Apprentice

This game is still not detecting my throttle and pedals after the update.  Nothing is fixed, the game is still unplayable on my setup and I'm still warning everyone I game with to stay the hell away from this crap.

Message 38 of 45 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@chrustec Thanks worked like a charm, even without disconnecting hotas. just had to untick box
Message 39 of 45 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What are you using? Your response is vague.

Message 40 of 45 (523 Views)