Re: How do I get the game to use my HOTAS?

by chrustec

Original Post

How do I get the game to use my HOTAS?

★★★ Newbie

I have a Saitek x-52. It's hooked up, but the game's not recognizing it. It's set to keyboard and mouse.

Maybe a dumb question, but I don't see where to switch it to HOTAS controls,

Thanks

Message 1 of 45 (2,331 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Archus I too have this issue - I have tried my Rhino X55 HOTAS and steam big box can see it and so can windows and it tests fine but the game does not detect any joysticks (I have a Rift as well) I tried a logitech Extreme 3D Pro on its own and even that is not seen by the game - this is really disappointing , so far I have 1 hour of play time logged in steam which has been me the whole time trying to detect by damn HOTAS AND fix the 918 error! EA fix this!
Message 2 of 45 (2,247 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same Issue here as well

Message 3 of 45 (2,239 Views)

★★ Novice

same here too

Message 4 of 45 (2,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After troubleshooting this further I found that Xbox 360 elite controller is detected but non of my joysticks.  Found the culprit though.  You need to turn off "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support" in Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings.

Here:

steam_qVOadV7Jjw.png

Ensure you UNTICK Generic Gamepad Configuration Support, then exit out and reconnect your HOTAS.  Restart the game and go to options -> controls and scroll down to the bottom of the list and you should see your HOTAS listed there like here:

starwarssquadrons_JucM4wkupd.jpg

Sorry had to repost this as the first post failed.  Anyway, this bug should not have gotten past QA but anyway, it did and this fix solved my issue.  Hope it helps you and others out.

Good Hunting.

Message 5 of 45 (2,220 Views)

EA DICE Team
@chrustec That's an awesome work around thanks for sharing.

/Atic
Message 6 of 45 (2,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine was already switched off so unfortunately this is not a valid workaround for everyone

Message 7 of 45 (2,206 Views)

★ Novice

So, I also have an X-55, have no problems with it in any other application or game.  The throttle is detected and can be mapped, but when i try to map the stick, it doesn't "See" it.  I had EA Support call me, and they didn't know what to do, and referenced me to the Forums.  Yay.  It's weird, there's no drop down to identify which controller you are trying to map (I have lots of different button boxes, controllers, etc.) so not being able to select which one I'm mapping indicates to me I can map them all at once, except...it doesn't.  I'm using Origin, if anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears.  Mouse and Keyboard isn't really ideal at all.

Message 8 of 45 (2,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having issues with my Thrustmaster T16000M as well game won't recognize my throttle or pedals. This was stated by EA as being a compatible HOTAS system. I'm using it on PC through Origin not Steam.  I set flightstick 1 and 2 to T16000m and it thinks my flightstick is joystick 2 and not even recognizing the throttle or pedals as a controller at all, Any help?

EDIT: Actually figured it out my usb card I had it plugged into wasn't working. Plugged the throttle into an active USB port and it showed up in my windows controller restarted the game and had both the flightstick and throttle showing and could map the controls to either.

Message 9 of 45 (2,147 Views)

★ Novice
@Cytheiron I'm having the exact same issue. in-game it's like it doesnt exist at all.
Message 10 of 45 (2,141 Views)