How did a hacker link his account before me?

by Goreoun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How did a hacker link his account before me?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, here's some backstory. I've played on Apex for a while and always loved it. My favorite character is Mirage. So when I boot up the game a long time later after not playing it a while, it's found out I'm banned. A little more digging and I find out that a hacker with no history of any sort on his steam account somehow managed to get into my origin and link his account. Possibly using it to hack. I do not know where or how to appeal this ban, I can prove I am the original owner if need be. I just want to play League of legends on my account, so please. I beg of you. Tell me a way to get all of my hard work back, and away from this random dude with japanese characters at the end of his name and a privated account. 

And, this is my profile picture just to show you the major difference. 

[CM - Edited to remove account images/names]

Message 1 of 2 (160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How did a hacker link his account before me?

Community Manager

Hey @Goreoun,

If you're seeing an actual ban, that will need to be appealed with our Terms of Service team using these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/  

In this particular case since it sounds like someone else gained access to the account, I would definitely suggest going through the security steps here to make sure everything is as secure as possible. 

From there you'll just want to reach out to an advisor so they can help get the account itself re-secured and remove any links that may have been made by someone else as well.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

All Replies

Re: How did a hacker link his account before me?

Community Manager

Hey @Goreoun,

If you're seeing an actual ban, that will need to be appealed with our Terms of Service team using these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/  

In this particular case since it sounds like someone else gained access to the account, I would definitely suggest going through the security steps here to make sure everything is as secure as possible. 

From there you'll just want to reach out to an advisor so they can help get the account itself re-secured and remove any links that may have been made by someone else as well.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)