How can I play SWGOH on Linux

by CT-122514

Original Post

How can I play SWGOH on Linux

★★★ Newbie

So my phone is running out of space, and I would like to find an emulator or way to play SWGOH on my Linux computer, I have tried emulation and android device through x86, Anbox, and Archon. So far they have not been compatible and with Anbox it told me the libraries were not correct/ could not be found. Does anyone know of a way to get SWGOH working on Linux?

Message 1 of 3 (1,407 Views)

Re: How can I play SWGOH on Linux

Community Manager
Hey @CT-122514,

I'm afraid we don't support emulators or use of them. Can you free up some space on your phone? Would this help the issue you're having?

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 3 (1,225 Views)

Re: How can I play SWGOH on Linux

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Android engineer here.

This has always been a tricky matter with emulators, which is why most of us do testing on real devices.

Generally, you need an emulator with google services and play services enabled and working. Check this link as it might help a bit

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14536595/how-to-download-google-play-services-in-an-android-emul...

Edit: do note that ARM images will run much slower, and x86 ones might be incompatible with the game/APK

Message 3 of 3 (1,091 Views)