Horrible Ping Spikes and Visual Stuttering

by TheHeartbound

Original Post

Re: Horrible Ping Spikes and Visual Stuttering

★★★ Novice

Hi 

I have the same issue with apex ps5 version since season begin. It's unplayable at the moment.

When quick turn left and right it begins to  stutter plus white flashing screen for a second.The fps goes up and down 60-90 fps. 

It's only on stormpoint and a few spots on Olympus (Docks). Worlds edge have no problems and Olympus a few spots have same fps ups and downs.

On stormpoint in jump ship when i look down plus turning the fps goes under 60fps, 50-55fps.

But the biggest issues and Problems on storm point. Ranked is unplayable since season begin for me. Only public Worlds edge and Olympus runs normal.

Tried many things uninstall,reinstall, dns, cache, build databank new, resolution change 4k-1080p but nothing fix this.

I hope the team fix this ASAP ! On devbug tracker trello nothing of the issue problem is adress at investigating bugs. 

The last little patch a few days ago fix nothing of the problems. 

Please ea respawn team adress the issue and give us a info about a update or working on this. 

Have many friends and saw on twitter many players with the same issue. Can not play ranked with the problems and many others too.

Message 21 of 25 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SubSonicKestrel

I might have found a fix for it, I haven't had the ping issue ever since I did this:

Open your CMD prompt, and type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. This will clear your DNS cache files.

Let me know if it helps.

Message 22 of 25 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@R4gnarXXX Thanks, it worked!!!
Message 23 of 25 (266 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@8a4cda41381348dde40400d9da4cb39b 

Nice, they should give me a medal for that lol :D

Message 24 of 25 (230 Views)

★★ Guide

Apex Legends still has the worst netcode out of all online BR games: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/f02vxz/apex_netcode_still_worst_of_all_brs/ 

Great game, but to get that level of visuals they have to 'packet split'. Causes all sorts of problems.

When my ping is spiking through the roof and packet loss makes it look like a slide show, I switch it off and play a more stable game like Overwatch or something.

Message 25 of 25 (210 Views)