Hitching/Stuttering

by Cyber_Wompa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hitching/Stuttering

★★ Novice

My framerate is fine, not as good as the beta somehow, but that I can live with. The problem is the hitching, I get it online and in arcade mode, so I know its not lag. Turning down the settings from ultra to high helped a bit, but my hardware isnt the issue. I run every game just fine on the highest settings no problem.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600

Graphics: Gtx 1070

If its an optimisation problem with either of these two, please fix it, the game was running so good during the beta. What happened?

I also have 16GB of RAM, so its not a RAM issue.

Message 1 of 15 (1,613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hitching/Stuttering

★★ Novice

I've solved the problem. I changed back from DirectX12 back to 11, and went from borderless to fullscreen. Game is working perfectly now. Don't know why borderless made it stutter, but I found it improved after switching it out. DirectX12 was probably the biggest problem though, it's very hit or miss depending on the game, and in this game it's a miss. Runs great now.

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (1,860 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem with i7 7700k 32gb ddr4 ram, and a 1080ti.. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,586 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What drivers are you currently running?

Message 3 of 15 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me the last one 388.13 

Message 4 of 15 (1,572 Views)

★★ Novice

388.13 the latest one. 

I solved alot of the problems from restarting. Im on ultra now, my framerate is where its supposed to be, and most of the hitching is gone.

Its much more playable now, but still hitches particularly in chaotic areas, like naboo with darth maul in arcade mode. Dosnt make any sense with the hardware Im running. I'll let you know if I run into any more issues or they get worse.

Message 5 of 15 (1,566 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually its worse again now. Lowering some settings to high helps, but it still hitches. Again I had no problems during the beta, its no doubt an optimisation bug. Hope it gets fixed

Message 6 of 15 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same, getting a lot of hitching when objects are first loaded in and cutscene stuttering I assume due to loading in the background.

1070, 7700k, 16gb, ssd

I've seen it in others youtube videos also, console don't seem to be affected.

Example console: https://youtu.be/PFD0-BPVZ6U?t=16m8s

Example pc: https://youtu.be/N6_L5NY9gVE?t=18m35s

Message 7 of 15 (1,555 Views)

★★ Novice

After testing with different settings on ultra/high, it seems the settings dont matter at all now. Sometimes i'll have everything on ultra with no problems, and sometimes i'll have problems on high. It seems to be completely random. I hope it gets patched quick.

Message 8 of 15 (1,542 Views)

★★ Novice

I've solved the problem. I changed back from DirectX12 back to 11, and went from borderless to fullscreen. Game is working perfectly now. Don't know why borderless made it stutter, but I found it improved after switching it out. DirectX12 was probably the biggest problem though, it's very hit or miss depending on the game, and in this game it's a miss. Runs great now.

Message 9 of 15 (1,861 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, turning off dx12 seemed to fix it for me too.

Message 10 of 15 (1,488 Views)