Re: Hit level 20, its asking me to validate my email but it never sends me anyth

by vaalix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hit level 20, its asking me to validate my email but it never sends me anything.

★★ Apprentice

This game is unbelievably hard to play.. Its almost like they want this to die.. I have had so many problems just trying to play this ftp that I would never drop a single dime on this game because first off, this tech support is atrocious.. My main account is completely vaporized because the email account associated with it from 2008 no longer exists due to lack of activity on the email and the phone tech support wouldn't do jack squat for me because he couldn't prove I was the original owner.. 

So now on the FTP account, I hit level 20 and can no longer play the character because the email on this account will not validate with their system.. I dont get it.. How hard is it to play this fkn game? I am 100% positive I validated the email through the website account page... There is nothing else to click on or do, its validated, just let me play the level 20 character..

And how the hell do they let this game get so bad that it has basically 2 NA servers? How frigging crap is that? 

Let me tell you guys something.. For the last 4 months I was playing world of warcraft.. I bloody hate world of warcraft.. But my friends play it.. So the retail version of wow was not too bad.. 

I have been playing classic wow since it launched up till 4 days ago when I just couldn't take it anymore.. Such a pile of crap.. Such a time sink, such a horrible combat system.. Just a massive time sink of a game... So I give it up and come to play swtor because If I am going to play some bland * garbage combat system i.e wow, I might as well be swinging a light saber in swtor.. 

So I play this game and am blown away with how fun it is.. The combat system compared to classic wow is a literal god send.. The questing in swtor, a god send compared to the boring banal version of classic wow... 

I just  can't fathom how swtor had failed so badly since the last time I played it in 2015 I think it was.. 

Message 1 of 9 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hit level 20, its asking me to validate my email but it never sends me anyth

@vaalix 

See if you can change the you@gmail to you@googlemail.com on swtor it is the same email but the system see's it as different

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (704 Views)

All Replies

@vaalix 

Issues tend to arise when an email that has been used previously on an ea/origin or swtor account is used again

easiest solution is to switch the email to one never used anywhere on EA before, validate the account then you should be able to switch back to the original email address

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 9 (793 Views)

★★ Apprentice

With all the problems I have been having, thats likely to lock me out of another account.. 

Message 3 of 9 (786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Coming up on 16 mins since switching emails and still no validation email from swtor ea or whoever runs this.. 

Message 4 of 9 (780 Views)

Hero

@vaalix 

Just to confirm you also tried the steps in this guide here.  Such as adding the no reply to a safe list.  What type of email are you using?  I use Gmail myself and are able to receive the emails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 9 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did try all those steps. 

The email I switched to is my isp email @Shaw.ca and the system won't send anything to that email.. 

My primary email is gmail and that is the one currently on the account that wont change.. 

Its also the same email on EA origin, which I think may be the problem.. 

And you know whats worse, the gmail email is validated .. It just won't let me play the character because I don't think its validated on swtor but it is on EA which is why its probably not sending any validation email... 

But that doesn't explain why it won't switch emails... I try to switch it on swtor account page, it says it switches when I save the page and it says check the email, but nothing comes.. its not going into a spam or filter folder.. 

I appreciate your guys help.. 

Message 6 of 9 (723 Views)

Hero

@vaalix 

With Gmail do you have labels turned on?  For me the email doesn't go to the Inbox.  It goes into a sub folder labeled "Updates".  This may be happening to you.  You can check by going to Settings by clicking the Gear Icon on the top left of you email, choose Settings.  Next go to the second tab called "Labels" and under the Categories section click on Show for any labels that you can.  Then go back to your Inbox and check those labels and see if the validation email is listed in one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 7 of 9 (716 Views)

@vaalix 

See if you can change the you@gmail to you@googlemail.com on swtor it is the same email but the system see's it as different

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 9 (705 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@proxos666 That actually worked.. Thanks. I tried it yesterday too but it did not send and email, today it did.. Thanks for the help guys..
Message 9 of 9 (695 Views)