High ping only with DX12 enabled

by Phozar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High ping only with DX12 enabled

★★★ Novice

When playing on DX11 my ping is normal 15-20ms, but as soon as I turn on DX12 my ping spikes between 200-1000ms.

Message 1 of 8 (912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High ping only with DX12 enabled

EA DICE Team

Hey @Phozar, I'm wondering if you have a driver issue with the GPU. Try reinstalling the GPU drivers and see if that improves for you. 

If that don't work try this: 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (823 Views)

All Replies

Hero

How do you determine the ping spikes? 

You see it somewhere, you feel it or something else?

Sounds very odd.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 8 (899 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can see it on the far right column on the scoreboard and there is very very heavy rubbberbanding whej trying to move. Also you can turn on a network analysis graph in the settings to see a more detailed breakdown which also shows my ping spiking as well as huge packet loss.

Message 3 of 8 (885 Views)

EA DICE Team

Is any of the hardware that you have maxing out as in 100% usage or anything that is overheating while playing? @Phozar 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh wow so when I am in game my GPU usage is at 0-3 % usage and my CPU is 100% max usage. That can't be right.

Edit: just tried it on dx11 and I have 100% CPU usage still but my GPU usage is up to 50% now. I have an i5 8600 and an rtx 2080 if that information helps at all.

Message 5 of 8 (859 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Phozar, I'm wondering if you have a driver issue with the GPU. Try reinstalling the GPU drivers and see if that improves for you. 

If that don't work try this: 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

/Atic 

Message 6 of 8 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice
Im not sure what specifically, but following all of these steps somehow fixed the issue. I don't think it was reinstalling drivers though, as I had already done that before and it didn't fix the issue .
Message 7 of 8 (789 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Starting with hints from this thread I have narrowed it down to OneDrive being the culprit in DX12 mode for me.  Turned off OneDrive and ping immediately went down to DX11 levels.  Turn it back on and ping spikes back up.

Must have something to do with syncing documents folder and how dx12 shaders are handled maybe?

Message 8 of 8 (764 Views)