High ping and packet loss

by SaPaRtAn3O0O

Original Post

Re: High ping and packet loss

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

That's a joke right?

Why dont we skip the whole "try this and this part" and just jump into the part where i have to contact my ISP, because Apex Legends is consistenly laggy for me and i have packet loss issues in ONE DAMN GAME.

Yeah it makes totally sense, that i should contact them. I mean i have no packet loss in ANY game, Teamspeak or Discord, but sure, it must my ISP.

I am on PC, i changed the DNS Server to google first, then to cloudfare.

I opened and forwarded the ports for EA and Apex Legends, put the command "ipconfig/flushdns" into the CMD (which i runned as Administrator).

I've downloaded a tool called TCP Optimizer and my MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) is actually 1500, which is pretty good.

Im sure i've done a lot more than this, but can't even remember what i've tried.

The game worked properly for me til season 6. On the EXACT SAME DAY as Season 6 got released, i got this packet loss issues.

And as i mentioned above, it's ONLY AFFECTING APEX LEGENDS.

Edit: And yes i've tried every other server. And  3 of the 15 people im playing with, are experiencing the same.

I've reinstalled origin, Apex Legends and my Network drivers. (nothing helped)

I also made sure all my drivers are up to date.

desktop.png

Message 41 of 47 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

LMAO they just deleted my Post.

Mhhkaaay

Message 42 of 47 (905 Views)

Community Manager

@ttCheeto 

We haven't deleted any of your posts. You're welcome to post it again and it will stay as long as it doesn't break any rules.

Aljo.png
Message 43 of 47 (896 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem, Telecom has bad routing to EA server.

DewVPN helped me (you can set up this VPN for selected Apps, so only apex and origin it is for me).

Im from Slovakia and using VPN set for country- Czech republic. When tried countries which are further away from me like Germany, I couldnt even join EA servers..

Last 5 days are finaly without mental breakdown and sadness, hope it stays that way.

When packet loss shows up again, I just restart this VPN and after reconnect its ok...

Message 44 of 47 (879 Views)

★★ Novice

We in South Africa  will wish to have a ping of 50 we in South Africa dont even have a server to play on we need to play ather severs with a ping from 230 down to 195 + 

But AE dont even think of us to help us in South Africa for ones!! 

And we are a lot of gamers on PC ps4 and Xbox how play everyday with this high ping sins 2000 but no severs are be given ones in south Africa 

Message 45 of 47 (729 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@diablosreaper damn, sorry to hear that even if they add servers in south africa matchmaking will take ages.
Message 46 of 47 (541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ttCheeto Had the same issue, where my ping just went 200 in a new match and I got like 16-30ms in the previous one, it's pretty weird since only happens in Apex and Respawn devs act as if its our ISP, they really need a new server provider.
Message 47 of 47 (537 Views)