High ping and packet loss

by SaPaRtAn3O0O

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High ping and packet loss

★ Novice

I have been experiencing 50+ ping and at least 10% packet loss on every server, must around 30% packet loss which is completely unplayable. I know it’s not a connection issue on my end. I’ve ran speed tests on multiple devices and my connection as over 100mbps download and less than 10 ping to servers I connect to with that. I really just want to play apex but I can’t like this. I tried resetting PS4 and router multiple times. 

Message 1 of 47 (2,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High ping and packet loss

Community Manager

Hi there, @SaPaRtAn3O0O 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 47 (2,293 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @SaPaRtAn3O0O 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 47 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo this dont work
Message 3 of 47 (2,228 Views)

Community Manager

@ShinraKenseii 

Thanks for trying. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 47 (2,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo i have the same problem i tried ur method and doesnt work
,im wired and i play on PC Origin
Message 5 of 47 (2,022 Views)

Community Manager

@KZG_BinomSkuyy 

Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 47 (1,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Screenshot (8).png

@EA_Aljo wrote:

@KZG_BinomSkuyy 

Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here. Thanks!

this is mine 
my internet is high 150mbps my cables are new

Message 7 of 47 (1,930 Views)

Community Manager

@ONCE_Cosmos 

You've got some really high ping times and some packet loss. Where are you located? It's possible the bad results are due to your distance from the server you're pinging. Also, do you play on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 47 (1,877 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo i'm from Philippines before i don't have problem but after the update i can't play because of the packet loss, i'm playing through a wired connection.
Message 9 of 47 (1,869 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Or due to the issues on EA side that plenty of people are experiencing since Update for season 6 went live. There is clearly an infrastructure issue for all the banding / lag issues people are experiencing, most of which had zero issues prior to season 6 going live. EA needs to do far far better QA on their products before using the customers are guinea pigs on a new release.

Message 10 of 47 (1,864 Views)