High ping and packet loss S6

by spfl0512

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High ping and packet loss S6

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So recently like all Apex fans I go on and try to play S6 when it first comes out (Xbox One) but then I notice a lot of ping which wasn't a lot at first (230+) so I restart the game but apparently it got worse and kept going on a spree of the ping and packet loss rising and lowering for about the whole day, especially up to a record holding 5400+ ping at one point which is just ridiculous, so I keep restarting the game and only a few times I am able to get around 90 to 100 ping, but of course I still experience lag or lag spikes and I already know that my internet connection has nothing to do with it since I checked. Plz help T^T

Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High ping and packet loss S6

★ Guide

There is no help.

The fault here is server-side, so it's outside our control to do anything about. Respawn's communication with its playerbase is very poor. TMK, they have not even acknowledged the issue, let alone provided a timeframe for it to be fixed on.

My belief is that it's an overlooked, critical QA issue that testing could have caught, but due to tight timelines, it was missed; and that they are scrambling to identify and hotfix the build to stabilize the issue. Chances are, things are mad hectic at their office right now; but hey; that's what you get when you want to force a dev team to meet unrealistic deadlines. Quality goes out the door. Coding is a lot harder than flipping 1's to 0's.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (581 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

There is no help.

The fault here is server-side, so it's outside our control to do anything about. Respawn's communication with its playerbase is very poor. TMK, they have not even acknowledged the issue, let alone provided a timeframe for it to be fixed on.

My belief is that it's an overlooked, critical QA issue that testing could have caught, but due to tight timelines, it was missed; and that they are scrambling to identify and hotfix the build to stabilize the issue. Chances are, things are mad hectic at their office right now; but hey; that's what you get when you want to force a dev team to meet unrealistic deadlines. Quality goes out the door. Coding is a lot harder than flipping 1's to 0's.

Message 2 of 4 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah that makes sense, especially since they worked as much as they could for S6 and possibly on a new map mid-season or next season so I would imagine that they would be busy enough rn, especially about everything that's going on atm. But thanks for the feedback anyway!

Message 3 of 4 (537 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah it sucks i wish ea fix this already as soon as possible

Message 4 of 4 (477 Views)