Re: High packet loss(over 10%, reaching sometimes 70%) every few games in apex o

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Re: High packet loss(over 10%, reaching sometimes 70%) every few games in apex o

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium  So far while using VPN to play apex on steam I have no packet loss, it seemed to have fixed my problem. Although it worries me about getting banned, is it bannable to use VPN to fix packet loss?

P.S, The VPN I'm using is connecting me to the same country so I am not switching regions.

Message 11 of 18 (1,407 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
@Hungrysnoop It's good your staying within your region, but the honest answer is we don't have the ability to support using a VPN, much like using something like Nvidia's Geforce now. Some things to watch out for is making too many connection attempts in quick succession from different IP Addresses or possible latency with your connection.

However, if it works as intended and just gives you one solid connection there should not be anything to worry about.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 12 of 18 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Thank you for answering,  I manually made the VPN to connect me to a server in the same city I live in(normally it connects me to the same region but a different city if that's the best choice) and I also try to choose the same VPN server every time I use it. It doesn't seem to throttle my connection speed nor worsen my ping as it is a high quality paid VPN. 

Message 13 of 18 (1,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

wich vpn do you use for playing apex? is it free or you need to pay for it? im suffering the same problem as you for 1month Frown @Hungrysnoop 

Message 14 of 18 (1,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Hungrysnoop 

Living in Germany while using the telekom as ISP is jte problem. it's more or less simple.

I can use a mobie router (LTE, vodafone) No loss at all but higher ping

Using the ethernet may cause up to 60% loss.

Problem is the peering connection to AWS, that's reduced by the ISP (Telekom). when you have bad luck, you got a limited peering connection and package loss

Message 15 of 18 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same situation for somewhat like a month now, since my Window 11 update.

Having either a) a game with no package loss at all or b) a game with package loss troughout the game.

@RichartvonGeli 

Your answer kinda makes sense to me.

So you're telling me that's a question of chance in the moment I am starting my game?

Is there any possibility to solve this?

Because it makes me crazy. The only way to quit a game having package loss is to quit Apex as a program in total and restart it.j

From package loss games I am not even able to connect back to the lobby and that sucks.

Appreciate any answers or hints to solve this!

Message 16 of 18 (997 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Trust me , its not your connection. Theres a lot of Threads of people getting loss.  It started around the new season. Didnt have these Probs before that. 

Getting Loss in some games but not all.  In Loss Games i cannot connect back to lobby. Have to force close the game. 

There must be Node somewhere to the apex servers thats broken.

Message 17 of 18 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

2 years later, the problem still exists. The cause of the problem however is, Telekom isp, as they don't buy enough "packages" for Apex. The Telekom technician said, "with many complaints, Telekom might fix the problem".

Message 18 of 18 (630 Views)