Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: High packet loss(over 10%, reaching sometimes 70%) every few games in apex o

by GirlBathWater33

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: High packet loss(over 10%, reaching sometimes 70%) every few games in apex o

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium  So far while using VPN to play apex on steam I have no packet loss, it seemed to have fixed my problem. Although it worries me about getting banned, is it bannable to use VPN to fix packet loss?

P.S, The VPN I'm using is connecting me to the same country so I am not switching regions.

Message 11 of 13 (156 Views)

Community Manager
@GirlBathWater33 It's good your staying within your region, but the honest answer is we don't have the ability to support using a VPN, much like using something like Nvidia's Geforce now. Some things to watch out for is making too many connection attempts in quick succession from different IP Addresses or possible latency with your connection.

However, if it works as intended and just gives you one solid connection there should not be anything to worry about.
Illium.png

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.
Message 12 of 13 (142 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Thank you for answering,  I manually made the VPN to connect me to a server in the same city I live in(normally it connects me to the same region but a different city if that's the best choice) and I also try to choose the same VPN server every time I use it. It doesn't seem to throttle my connection speed nor worsen my ping as it is a high quality paid VPN. 

Message 13 of 13 (132 Views)
Twitter Stream