Re: High input/output (causes studdering)

by RamboCarnage

Original Post

High input/output (causes studdering)

★★★ Novice

My internet is fine with other battle royal games,  besides Apex Legends. My ping is 60-80 and 0 packet loss,  as displayed on the ping Display, but when I load in a match it goes (3/4) to (31/4).  I learned that this was input sent to the server(s)

How do I fix Thai issue? It causes lag or stuttering in a match, but if it’s top 5 (or 10) it goes down, is this on my behalf, I tried to port forward and checking my internet bill is paid and good (which it is)  I played since last season, now at the start of season 9 this happened 

Message 1 of 11 (8,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same for me. I'm at a steady 30-40 ping, sometimes as low as 25 and never over 45, 143-144 fps on a 144hz screen, but my I/O is goes absolutely crazy constantly. Never had this issue before recently. All other online games work seamlessly.

The game is actually unplayable for me.

Message 2 of 11 (8,151 Views)

EA DICE Team
Do you notice this every match and what kind of networks et up at home do you have? @N0RTHERNW1ND @Larssonsbarn ?

/Atic
Message 3 of 11 (8,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I'm not too tech-savy, so maybe I shouldn't draw the conclusion that it's the I/O/server connection, as it could be something else. I actually had the game framelocked and not set to performance mode in control centre, so now I'm at about 290 fps at the highest, and 130 when loading into the map. Actually complete overkill when I've only a 144hz screen.  My internet is actually way better than I expected (though I doubt it could hit these scores all the time), and when I went into firing range just now I only had about 40 ms of ping.

The lag, again, is extreme: My character bobs back and forth and when I shoot there are pauses of about half a second between the bullets being expelled and the damage numbers appearing. It's like this most of the time I try to jump, but a few days ago I gave it another try and I had no issues. Today, it's unplayable again. I'm using a VPN, but that shouldn't be a problem, as I always make sure to connect to my nearest server geographically. I've also tried turning it off, but that made no difference. I also full re-installed the game, but to no avail.

I feel like it started happening a few days into the latest major patch, i.e. the genesis patch. I definitely played the old maps a couple of times without issue.

This seems like it HAS to be some other, less obvious issue.

Message 4 of 11 (8,097 Views)

EA DICE Team
If VPN solves the issue, then your ISP is having some issue with routing your data. @Larssonsbarn I would reach out to your ISP at that point and ask if they can find where the issue.

/Atic
Message 5 of 11 (7,944 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@N0RTHERNW1ND Did you find a solution I have the sane problem on xbox and cant find a way to fix it! Theres no informations about it, but I clearly see the stuttering appear when the i/o starts going crazy…
Message 6 of 11 (6,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is also an issue for me on just this game. My I/O will be around 40-70/10-40. Never had this issue until this season. Ping will be around 50, FPS steady at 143 (144hz) monitor. This is the only notable difference 

Message 7 of 11 (6,241 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have the same issue with me having 130-140 fps, 40-50 ping. But my I/O is constantly 50-70/9-11, my input is always high. It affects my gameplay especially when I'm in a fight. But when I'm at the firing range it goes 27/20. Is there a quick fix on this? Or is it recommended to use a vpn to fix the issue?

Message 8 of 11 (6,150 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Could you solve the issue?

Message 9 of 11 (5,210 Views)

★★ Guide

First of ALL

Speak with moderation

The problem they are saying its not about a problem of Hardware.

If you are a technisian better study again

This game from S13 has severals problems with Crossplay and input lags / 100% Cpu ussage / memory leaks / Blue Death Screens /
And stop saying stop doing that

If there is a butom ho says I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM is for devs to take care about that becouse is a mayority report.

posting "I HAVE the same problem" and flooding the net with idiotic text makes for a better world?

YES  is better to do that than talk trash

Message 10 of 11 (3,051 Views)