Re: High Ping only in BF1

by CockInAHole

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My ping stays at a constant 1036, so pretty much I can't play the game at all. Since i didn't expect any issues while downloading the game (because i don't have ping issues on any other game) I went ahead and bought the premium edition with all DLCs sadly it was a MASSIVE waste of my money i still cannot play the game and i can't say that i will any time soon i'm Royally pissed...

Message 71 of 74 (1,307 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @GarbageJuice21 sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

I have a couple of questions to you. 

What region are you in?

What kind of network do you have? 

Have you tried our network troubleshooting guide, and if you have what have you done? 

/Atic 

Message 72 of 74 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue as well for the past several months; where the ping for 90% of servers regardless of region were no lower than 160ms 

The difference is I have a unique perspective. I live in the US, but was recently deployed to the middle east. I brought my gaming laptop, and used at least 4 different ISPs in 3 different regions. Germany, Kuwait, Jordan, and Iraq. No matter the ISP, connection quality, or region the servers were all the same as they are now that I'm back in the US and using fiber, and a different PC.

This shows, almost irrefutably, that this issue is not ISP, or router config based. It is server-side, or client/patch based. 

Change my mind

Message 73 of 74 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there any fix for this game ? cause i live in the asian region before my ping was a constant 30 to 70 ms acceptable range even in 64 player battles. but now when i play its always above 160 ms+  and YES we have tried your network troubleshooting guide but no avail yet

Message 74 of 74 (970 Views)