Re: High Ping only in BF1

by LazzaTheLobster

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Ever since the latest patch that was released (July update) which released the new map Prise De Tahure i have been getting constant 120 + pings in full or partially full local servers (Aus).

I have not made any recent changes to my pc other than installing the update. I have followed the basic troubleshooting steps as well as resetting the  firewall, restored pc to earlier date, repaired bf1, disabled  origin in-game services, changed Ethernet cable, changed the port its plugged in on the modem, reset the modem, contacted internet provider who then told me it was a EA problem (no surprises there), turned off all other services ( minus essential ones), turned off modem wifi, prayed to the battlefield gods and waited for a day,  and reinstalled bf1 to no avail.

Funny thing though, both BF3 and BF4 experience no connectivity/ ping issues even though the servers are based in Australia. And on the BF1 cte, servers that are not in my region have lower pings than that of the ones in BF1.

System spec's

Windows 10 home 64 bit. (vers: 10.015063)

Motherboard: Gigabyte tech co z77 - HD3

Intel core i7- 3770 CPU at 3.4ghz

16gb of ddr3 ram

Nividia Gforce gtx 1070 (not overclocked/ driver 384.76)

Battlefield 1 07.22.2017 - 16.27.12.01.png
Battlefield 1 07.24.2017 - 10.56.27.01.png
Battlefield 1 07.24.2017 - 10.58.02.02.png
Message 41 of 74 (2,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Agar1987Im optus too. This problem has been effecting me since prise de tahure patch. I rung them up and they said it had nothing to do with them (no surprises there) and for some reason contacting EA help has been impossible on phone as I am put on hold for 1.5 + hours even though they say someone would be with me in 16min's. Just watered the garden and had lunch and Im still on hold...

Message 42 of 74 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same prob since update I cant get below 160ping 

Message 43 of 74 (2,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Agar1987The explanation from EA doesn't make sense..I accept that TDM and other modes are hosted on other systems and pings can differ from one system to another..but if in the past you have had acceptable ping and now you don't it mean the the system EA uses for conquest is broken and has nothing to do with the internet provider of the client .

Message 44 of 74 (2,057 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone have any ideas of exactly what is the issue here. Optus or EA? I doubt Optus will be that quick to put their hand up. Just want a solution.

Message 46 of 74 (2,019 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Metal_Jockets That explanation sounds nearly as cringe as "Have you tried forwarding your ports"

Message 47 of 74 (2,018 Views)

★★ Novice

@Metal_Jockets well said mate, spot on.

Message 48 of 74 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in Melbourne. Before the last update I was getting a ping of 10 to 24. Now I have a constant 140ms. I'm with Optus on ADSL2. Doing a speed test at home and nothing has changed there on ping or download speed so I'm guessing it's an EA server problem.

Message 49 of 74 (1,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As of last night the issue has been fixed! Not sure what the problem was just glad to be back on 16 ping <3

Message 50 of 74 (1,949 Views)