High Ping in all servers

by NegiDragon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High Ping in all servers

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've gone through all the US servers and even ones outside my region, even before clicking on one they all have very high ping. most of the time its 400 to 1100. when i do go into one my ping bounces around for a few seconds then finally hits 999 and a few moments later i disconnect from that server. i know its not on my end i have had no issues with any other game in the slightest.

The game looks fun, here's hoping someone can help so i can get a chance to actually play.

Edit: 11-23-18, got on right after work, which is around 4pm pst. all the servers ping were down to 45-78. a played few games had no problems. then around 6pm pst they all went back up. 

Message 1 of 25 (23,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

All Replies

Re: High Ping in all servers

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, difference being that I'm from Germany

https://gyazo.com/81a698a20abe4d6e1b2d30f11f2183eb

Message 2 of 25 (23,427 Views)

Game giving me a 999 Ping multiple times during a game on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I play on PS4 and the game is lagging like crazy wthis weekend. During the week it was fine.

It's not my internet because everything works fine on my pc. can watch youtube on 1080p. my normal in game ping is 20.

Can it be a problem with my Playstation 4's connectivity? I dont see other player having this problem so I doubt its the servers.

I just press play and it connects me to a random server.

I tested my PS4's connection and all seems to be fine.

I am European.

Message 3 of 25 (23,344 Views)

PC BF V - Latency problem when switching classes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got weird problem with latency/ping. 

At the start of every match and if i switch classes during game i get 999 ping for 1-2 min and then it all goes back to normal (30-50 normally).

Its very frustrating because i can't play normally, switch roles to help team, fly plane...

So to summarize, I get 999 ping for 1-2 mins

1) at the start of the match

2) when i switch classes/roles

Happens always.

It all started when i switched from trial BF V to deluxe (upgraded to premium on origin). Before that it was all normal. no latency problems

Message 4 of 25 (23,345 Views)

★★ Novice

excatly the same for me. I'm also from Germany and i get 200-400 Ping in all Games.

Message 5 of 25 (23,398 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @NegiDragon@Narmayah and @rakFABI.

That ping is definitely no good. Could you all please try the connectivity troubleshooting listed here and let me know how it goes?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic

Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Message 6 of 25 (23,377 Views)

Re: PC BF V - Latency problem when switching classes

Hero

That's weird.

Tried removing the power from your networking equipment for 5 minutes?

routerisabastard.png

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 25 (23,320 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've already tried to solve this problem in a direct chat with a support today.
Unfortunatly none of the suggested fixes had any effect (closing background-programms, setting origin.exe and originservice.exe to exceptions and disabling directx12 ingame).

I've also confirmed that this is a problem i am having only with BFV specifically and tried this "UOTrace"-thingy, that was suggested on the supportpage.
I'll attach the UOTrace results as well.

I've also noticed that the problem gets kind of solved later i the evening. Meaning that I can't really play during the day (400ms-999ms) at all but it starts getting playable around 7pm.

SO I'll usually start getting a normal connection of 20ms - 50ms with occasional hard spikes up to the ms cap of 999ms, which last up to a minute.

Message 8 of 25 (23,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I also ran UOtrace (results below).

The problem still remains despite having normal Ping in other Games.

I also ran a Speed and Ping test on a Website and looks fine there, I also attached that below.

In earlier bf titles i never had Ping issues like that and it looks like that me and @Narmayah have a very similar problem

altough i always have a bad Ping when i tried playing so far.

Message 9 of 25 (23,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting high ping on all servers as well... Regardless of time. Weird thing is, my region gives me the worst pings.

I'm in China, yet Japan servers just an hour and a half away are super slow. North America servers are pinging me better. What's up with this?

Message 10 of 25 (23,303 Views)