High Packet loss only on apex legends

by Crzptic

Original Post

Re: High Packet loss only on apex legends

★★★★★ Novice

Lol dont worry i know better than to write my own ip down for the world. And it says ipv6 not found

Message 11 of 14 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Pro

if you knew what I've seen.... better to have said it =D

It's realy confusing, you should be able to set your mtu as low as you want, 1400 for example. I Think there is a bigger problem with your conection, try to call your provider and tell them about your issues.

Message 12 of 14 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A note about TCP Optimizer in case you don't know how it really works.

Everything in your path to and from Apex Legends, including other servers for general servers and DNS have to be using the 1492 (actually it, 1472). (1500 bytes packet - 28 bytes payload). What you're actually trying to do is impossible, almost all Internet server are set for 1500 bytes per packet as of right now. Does it make it right? No. When you set it for 1492, that doesn't set the Fragment Packet flag, however, you still receive in 1500 bytes coming in from other servers. Regardless of how your network equipment and computer MTUs are set. Why? MTU is Maximum Transfer Unit size, the key is "Transfer", has nothing to do with "Receive" units. The Electronic Arts data centers all have 1500 bytes per packet to the outside and 9000 bytes (jumbo frames) on the inside between the datacenter server backbone (separate network for load balancing).

1500 bytes per packet isn't the problem because the Internet is based on it, however, many protocols that sit on top of it use more than the packet size allows, which is the technical reason why the fragmentation flag is set and the data gets less than accurate QoS timing, let alone crappy bandwidth. 

It would do Electronic Arts a lot of good to use Cloud Flare's cloud security and Content Delivery Networks, that way, refer all traffic through Cloud Flare, the DDoS attacks could be mitigated in a hurry. If Electronics Arts changed their network address for their servers a shifted the IP range out of the standard issue they are using now, it would be exceeding hard to attack them directly. 

The packet loss issue is an internal problem within the data center, usually due to either DDoS, other malicious actors trying to exploit the systems, bad routing, software with memory leaks or misconfigured hardware and software. Of course, it can be a combination of above, too. 

Message 13 of 14 (949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too. I’m on ps5. Any way to fix 

Message 14 of 14 (102 Views)