High Packet loss only on apex legends

by Crzptic

Original Post

High Packet loss only on apex legends

★★★★★ Novice

I ve had this problem before where i get insanely high amounts of packet loss and only on apex no other game. The thing is it just disapeared one day and i could play the game i love, now its back to haunt me and its taking much longer. I have no idea what to do i repaired the game, switched off my router for an hour and still high packet loss. However when it hits about 6 30pm CAT its normal. The next morning back to broken. PLEASE HELP ME 

Message 1 of 14 (6,224 Views)

Re: High Packet loss only on apex legends

Community Manager

Hi @Crzptic

Which platform do you play on? Have you tried connecting to a different datacenter to see if the same thing still happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (6,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok first of all i am honoured to talk to the higher powers 😆 never happened before. Then i play on pc usually on london servers but i get around 82% packet loss so i decided to switch the data centre to frankfurt wich was 30% packer loss but higher ping. After i switched it i was stuck in the main menu and couldnt go to any other tab then "play" and my resources at the top right make this sort of constant refresh thing. Then i try getting into a game wait about 3 min then get kicked and it all goes on again. 

Message 3 of 14 (6,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

You can try optimize your internet.

• set a different dns (I recommand 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)
  • restart router
  • optimize internet with TCP optimizer
  • run as admin, chose your internet speed on top, check "optimal" below, apply and restart
  • open TCP optimizer again (always as admin), go to selection MTU/Latency and run the "Largest MTU" test.
  • If your MTU is different than 1500 ore 1492, you need to go back to general selection, check "custom" below, set the MTU on top to the falue which you got before
  • check apply, restart.
Message 4 of 14 (6,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here's the thing i personally don't like such methods of downloading something then optimizing my internet with it. i have burned my self very very hard by downloading something and using it without knowing what it is, i had to repair my entire pc. Now i'm not saying your a fraud or your method doesn't work I just personally don't trust these methods. I didn't use such downloading then optimizing methods last time and it got fixed by itself but its taking much longer this time. All i'm asking for is potential things that might be making my packet loss so high so i can remove them or fix them, please not download. thank you though for the support. Also the error is called (code:net) if it is of any help.

Message 5 of 14 (6,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Well with this tool its realy simple to fix your problem, dont worry it's nothing bad, I guarantee. This program not only fix your paket loss, it tweaks some setting for better gameplay/internet at all.

But if you wish, here is the second way to fix packet loss:

Finde the right mtu sice

1. open cmd as admin
  2. type in: ping google.com -f -l 1492
  3. if there is some paket loss reduce the number by -10 example:1482, 1472, 1462, 1452, 1442, 1432, ....
  4. if you fund a number without loss, improve the number by +2 again to finde out the perfect falue

5. add to the mtu number 28 (1436 + 28 = 1464 )
  6. remember the number

find your index number

• type in: netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces
  • locate your network card/wifi dongle (it has to be 'connected' , mtu at 1500/1492)
  • important at this point is the "idx" number of your network card (for this example its 11)

Set mtu to the right value

1. type in with your numbers of index and mtu: netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface 11 mtu=1464
  2. done

Message 6 of 14 (6,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have a problem ive typed in every value from 1464(which is the lowest) to 1500(anything higher gave the same result) and i couldn't find the perfect value. Once i typed on 1472 and it had 75% loss i tried every number close to it and wouldnt give it again. Ive even tried to type 1472 again and it doesnt give 75% loss anymore it gives me 100% loss then.

Message 7 of 14 (6,054 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CrzpticWhy is 1464 the lowest? You need to go as low as necessary.

Message 8 of 14 (6,018 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok but when i typed 1464 and lower ots would say "request failed" 3 times.

Message 9 of 14 (6,014 Views)

★★★★ Pro

What Confused

if you go on this webside, it tells you your own ip adress: https://www.showmyip.com/ 

Is there a ipv6 as well? I just wanna know there is one or not, please don't write your ip down here.

Message 10 of 14 (5,989 Views)