Re: High Latency in South Africa

by Metal_Masher

Original Post

High Latency in South Africa

★★★ Newbie

How is it that there is still no servers for Apex in south africa. We get high Latency and since season 8 update its been even worse. Every game I hop into is over 230ms when usually it's at 190ms which is almost unplayable as it is. Come on guys we have a decent player base that loves this game but is becoming worse and worse. Respawn and EA needs to do something about this. 

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also in South Africa and I have to play on either Belgium or London servers as the Bahrain servers I avoid due to low player count making match making impossible, I can live with 200-250 ping as I also play Sea of Thieves which also has a similar ping so the ping count I can live with, even if we get a local server I see low player count being a problem for match making being impossible seeing as we need 60 people to get the match going like with the Bahrain servers.

Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also South African here, my experience is one game i am getting 140 to 150 on Amsterdam/London and then the next it's 220-250.

I have pulled the server IP's now from resource monitor and the game i was on was a USA based server did an IP lookup and it pointed me to Virginia Amazon server... i was connected to Amsterdam...

Use two different VPN's and both VPN's and my normal connection all had the same ping of about 220ms...   

Message 3 of 3 (180 Views)