High Latency / Ping on Apex Legends (Oregon Svr)

by Thrustplosive

Original Post

High Latency / Ping on Apex Legends (Oregon Svr)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Experiencing high latency in my games while playing on the Oregon Servers. Initial screen shows on the bottom shows 50-60 latency to the server which is fine but in game stats range from 130-150 ms no packet loss. Computer is hardwired to the router.  ISP speeds are more than needed to run this game. I do live in Anchorage, Alaska we have cable services to the central office and then fiber down to Seattle. Pings/Traceroutes to google DNS is fine at around 50ms. While running a traceroute it appears there is an increased latency at the seattle lvl3 router peering to the Washington router. It doubles latency taking this route. 

I know we have no control over how the ISP chooses to route traffic but maybe they can look into this and see if there are other issues on this path causing the latency.

Attached is a snap shot of the traceroute.

Message 1 of 3 (783 Views)

Re: High Latency / Ping on Apex Legends (Oregon Svr)

★★ Novice
@Thrustplosive I have the exact same problem, and I don't know the solution yet :/
Message 2 of 3 (554 Views)

Re: High Latency / Ping on Apex Legends (Oregon Svr)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Im not from US, but I do exact same problem with Tokyo.

Everything works fine, except Apex.
One match I actually did ask my teammate where he was from and turned out he is playing from EU and he did not opt into Tokyo server (Why would he do that ha)

Why he was playing with me in supposedly Tokyo? Why we had such a bad network latency, about 5 times higher than it supposed to be? So many questions and so little answers lol

Message 3 of 3 (546 Views)