Re: High Latency Issue Xbox One

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High Latency Issue Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can play any game online with no issues, except bf1. Severe lag and also when I do spawn on a map the battle has already been going on. Also, if I try to spawn in a plane, when I finally do appear in the plane it is out of bounds or crashed. I have been playing bf since 1942, and I still play 1942, but I have never had this issue so bad before. Can we get this fixed so that I can at least feel as though my money was well spent on this game. It's going to be at its eol before I get to enjoy the damn thing. BTW, I have performed many speed test and my connection is good.

Message 1 of 11 (10,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Finally, after dealing with this issue for so long, my ISP has upgraded everything to fiber optic, speed down 20 mbps and speed up 17 mbps. my ping is a lot lower and I have not experienced the latency issues lately. I am just happy I can finally play, maybe there was a switch issue or wiring issue with the ISPs old equipment.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (8,648 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @npoma,

Sorry to hear about the Connection Issues you're experiencing.

However, have you tried Opening the Ports on your Router?

Please see the link below:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-1/battlefield-1-troubleshooting/#Ports

Also, please check the Connection Troubleshooting steps via this link below:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you Standard smile 

EA DICE Team
Hey @npoma did you get issue solved? If not did you follow any of the steps that iluminatethesky provided?

/Atic
Message 3 of 11 (9,945 Views)

★★ Novice

I struggle to play and my router setting is fine.  200meg fibre broadband.  BF1 used to play well but now matchmaking shows 100 games. Each with 1 person in the game.  Forget war pigeons etc.  Conquest is hard enough. 

Message 4 of 11 (9,939 Views)

★★ Novice

Dredkings_Small.jpgNope. I went through all of my equipment, checked connectors and wires, no issues at all. Speed tested several times and it always comes back good. It is kind of random, but I get like a 2000 and above latency, sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes not at all. I read down a post and yeah, I can barely find any servers with any kind of game going on. This is only happening in BF1. I still play BF1942 and all of the other BFs, no issues at all. I am still looking, so if I find the answer, I will post it here.

Message 5 of 11 (9,923 Views)

★★★ Novice
Are you using the filters to find servers? I find that I have way better results by setting filters to default. It's more of a pain than setting a custom filter, but id rather look through a list than not find any with a good player count. I'm having performance issues with Apoc dlc but like many other times, I'm sure a patch will help...I hope.
Message 6 of 11 (9,914 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @robert5974,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the Performance Issues associated with the Apocalypse DLC.

They are aware of the issue and are fixing it as we speak.

Here is an official Post from the North American Community Manager from Battlefield:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/7zjvo3/known_performance_issues_with_bf1_apocalyps...

Also, if you'd like, you may keep an eye on the Battlefield Twitter for more information on when this Update will be rolling out.

You can do so here:

www.twitter.com/Battlefield

Thank you for your patience and understanding Standard smile 

★★ Novice

Dredkings_Small.jpg I have looked with filters and without, I even went to the euro servers, and the funny thing is, I had a pretty decent connection with them, lol. I learned that my ISP had a Blade server go down. They replaced it, but it made no difference. Like I say, it's only on BF1 and it does not matter what maps I am playing. Like I had  before my latency will spike at 2031ms and takes forever to go away, if it does at all. Most times I have to quick the match because I can't even move on the map.

Message 8 of 11 (9,879 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @npoma,

Sorry to hear that you're still having some connection issues with Battlefield 1.

Please try some of these steps via the link below:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Hope this helps.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★ Novice

Finally, after dealing with this issue for so long, my ISP has upgraded everything to fiber optic, speed down 20 mbps and speed up 17 mbps. my ping is a lot lower and I have not experienced the latency issues lately. I am just happy I can finally play, maybe there was a switch issue or wiring issue with the ISPs old equipment.

Message 10 of 11 (8,649 Views)