Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: High GPU and CPU Usage in Anthem

by Sleepwalker_VIE

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@GENERATOR_GRCan you explain here, please? These kind of thing are more simple to read instead of seeing it in a video.

Message 121 of 175 (975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

9700k @ 5.1

2080TI

16GB 3200

LG OLED TV 

I am getting high CPU usage  hit's 90% and getting dips to 45 fps but mostly sticks 55-60 fps @1440p with only 60-70 GPU usage

I get better GPU usage 90-98% and higher minimum frame rates @4k  with dips to 50 FPS

I don't understand why my min frame rates are better at 4k also the HDR support washes out the colours too much the division 2 had the same issue.

Message 122 of 175 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Game worked perfectly at low setting through the VIP demo and early access. After Friday's loot patch, I've been experiencing frequent crashes to desktop. Attempting to rejoin the mission will also crash to desktop. Now it's causing my CPU to hit 100% and I can barely move in-game. I know my rig is a bit old but it had no issues running this game up till Friday.

AMD FX-6300

ASRock 970 Extreme4

16gb RAM

Radeon R9 380 (19.2.3)

Win10 x64 (Build 17763)

Message 123 of 175 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've swapped over to liquid cooling, put new fans in that push over 70cfm each and yet each core is 65-90% useage. System temperatures are still over 175-190F which is insane and my computer sounds like a Hoover Vacuum because all fans are maxing out. This is on medium settings. All other games I play are on max settings and my system barely breaks a sweat. What gives?

Core i7 9700k Corsair H60 liquid cooler.

GeForce 2080Ti 11GB

32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM

Message 124 of 175 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

(???) there is someone tried in the nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings=>Program settings=>Anthem=>power management mode=Adaptive
In my case that worked for me wonders !

Message 125 of 175 (818 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hopefully this helps someone else

Tried most of the fixes in this thread - manged to improve the mouse/keyboard CPU issue.

However the below was the final thing to both improve my FPS and CPU usage

a) Limit FPS to 60 using RTSS (I'm using a 144hhz Gsync monitor

b) Move the game from my SSD to a HDD 

This has given me 50-60fps in game (other than the Fort) and no keyboard/mouse issues

Build

i5 2500k o/clock to 4.4Ghz

8 gig RAM

GTX1080

Message 126 of 175 (746 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

How can they blame SSD's when the game worked fine until the latest patch? This seems fishy.

I´m not going to go back to normal drives. I´d rather not play EA games at all tbh.

Message 127 of 175 (710 Views)

★★★ Guide

Anything from Devs on the high CPU load issue? I had to reduce FPS to 45 FPS after patches to play without stutters. Before patches I could do the same with 60 FPS. This doesn't make any sense.

Message 128 of 175 (574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i allways had the game on SSD and big problems appeared only on 22

Message 129 of 175 (569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This reducedmy CPU usage to 50% THANK YOU!
Message 130 of 175 (442 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help