High FPS, mouse movement/framerate isn't 'smooth'

by PRISMAT1C

Original Post

High FPS, mouse movement/framerate isn't 'smooth'

★ Apprentice

Hey, I've been having this problem since release and I haven't been able to find a fix for it. It is frustrating to play with, and its annoying enough that its affecting my ability to enjoy playing the game.

I'm consistently averaging over 150 FPS, but when I move my mouse around/side-to-side (like when aiming at enemies), it doesn't feel smooth at all. It isn't input lag, the framerate just feels muddy and slow. In other games, this kind of framerate would feel fluid and smooth. Just isn't the case in Apex Legends, and it's frustrating.

Things I've tried:

Fresh Windows 10 Install

Re-installed Nvidia drivers multiple times, including using Display Driver Uninstaller

Fumbled around with multiple settings in-game and within Nvidia Control Panel, including reverting settings to default

Vsync, on any setting, on/off

Computer Specs

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti

CPU: i7-7700k @ 4.5GHz

RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHz

Monitor: Acer Predator XB241H @ 180Hz

I'd love to provide more information, as I'd like to be able to enjoy the game to the fullest extent that I can..

Message 1 of 10 (15,680 Views)

Re: High FPS, mouse movement/framerate isn't 'smooth'

★ Apprentice
bump
Message 2 of 10 (15,622 Views)

Hey there

My first guess:

Set you Texture streaming details to Very high and V-Sync to triple buffered as i think this is more a video settings issue then something else.

I had this issue myself in other games but i can't remember how i solved it back then.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 10 (15,615 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same experience as you, but on a GTX 1080 though.

Try putting the FPS cap back to 144. It seems like the game was best optimized for 144hz/144fps. Past 144 fps I think the frame pacing/frame time gets inconsistent and you get a lot of tearing and weird movement while pushing like 200+ frames.

Message 4 of 10 (15,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I found something that worked for me, try turning on the Adaptive Resolution FPS Target to 100, enable Adaptive Supersampling. It should be smooth now, then turn off the Adaprive Resolution (switch to 0). It SHOULD remain smooth, this worked for me, ofc turn off origin overlay.

Message 5 of 10 (13,105 Views)

★ Novice

Tysm, it worked for me Standard smile ty

Message 6 of 10 (3,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have u find the solution? i have the exact same problem Frown

Message 7 of 10 (2,027 Views)

★ Guide

Its prob electricity related, does other games feels smooth for you? No choppy mouse, heavy mouse, hitreg, desync?

Message 8 of 10 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same prob i play only valorant can you help me 

Message 9 of 10 (554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed that it depends on the mouse. My Logitech G502 (cable connect, 6400 dpi) works fine. But on the other mouse MX Master 25 (bluetooth, 4000 dpi) it's terrible (tearing the screen)

Message 10 of 10 (367 Views)