Re: High End PC - BF1 freezes, forces shutdown or game crash consistantly

by StiffMcHard

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello, It's been a while I had several crashes and BSODs while playing BF1, and they were related to the ntoskrnl.exe kernel for me as well. Weird thing is, I ran a Memtest after the Bsods and found hundreds of erros, so eventually I returned my PC to my shop which stress tested every singular part of it (even ran Memtest) not to find any errors at all. They gave me my computer back and yesterday I encountered another crash (without BSOD), the crashed occasionally occur after 2-3 hours or playing. Since I'm having exactly the same issue as yours could you be so kind to explain what you mean with ''some resetting/checking'' that you did? Do you think resetting my CMOS will fix the issue? Is it a safe thing to do it on my own? Thank you very much for your help, this thing is driving me nuts I wish you can answer me.
BSOD codes: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, BAD_POOL_HEADER both related to ntoskrnl.exe kernel
My specs:

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 core

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Asus

Corsair Vegeance RAM 16gb ddr4 2400

GIGABYTE H270M-DS3H motherboard

Samsung SSD V-NAND 850 EVO 250gb

Message 11 of 15 (2,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same thing for me. Been fine for a year and now begun again.
Message 12 of 15 (2,777 Views)

★ Novice

I just loaded this on a pretty similar system as you folks, brand new, after running it on a lesser laptop no problems.  Now I crash after 5 to 30 minutes of playing.

Message 13 of 15 (2,528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had a similar problem and I think I tracked it down a setting in my BIOS called "Quick boot". Before turning this off my game would freeze or crash within 5 minutes of joining a game. After turning it off I've played multiple maps in a row.

Message 14 of 15 (2,481 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happened to me and solution was old good cleaning!

YOU SHOULD CLEAN YOUR PC INSIDE regulary with vacuum cleaner!

Screw off some bolts, remove videocard and memory planks, vacuumclean or blow slots!

Vacuumclean coolers and power block!

Wipe dusty elements with dry rag!

And result would be FANTASTIC!

You will reduce processor temperature and your PC will work quieter and smoother.

Cleaning solved BSODs and freezes problem to me.

Message 15 of 15 (1,958 Views)