High CPU Usage for More Than a Week

by Salahaddin94PC

Original Post

Re: High CPU Usage for More Than a Week

★★★ Novice

Allright so i reinstalled the game, didn't work out for me. I contacted support and they gave me some steps to do with my video settings to increase FPS without downing your graphics too much. Now my FPS ranges from 70-120, not very stable but the game is playable now. My CPU usage is still at 90-100%, but now my GPU usage is also at 80-90%, whilst before it was at 50% max.

Here are the steps that they gave me, I sincerely hope they work for you as well. If they do, send my a friend request on Origin if you play on European servers, then we can maybe play some games together.

1. Start Battlefield 5.
2. Open the Video settings.
3. Set Fullscreen mode to Fullscreen.
4. Set Fullscreen Resolution to your monitor's native resolution and with the highest refresh rate that your monitor supports.
5. Set ADS Field of View to Off.
6. Set ADS DOF Effects to Off.
7. Set Chromatic Aberration to Off.
8. Set Film Grain to Off.
9. Set Vignette to Off.
10. Set Lens Distortion to Off.
11. Now click on the Advanced tab at the top.
12. Set the Framerate Limiter to 200.
13. Set Future Frame Rendering to On.
14. Set Vertical Sync to Off.
15. Set Graphics Quality to Custom. If you want to use a preset, we recommend going with Medium.
16. Set Texture Quality to Ultra.
17. Set Texture Filtering to Low.
18. Set Lighting Quality to High.
19. Set Effects Quality to Medium.
20. Set Post Process Quality to Ultra. If you want a boost of roughly 15% FPS, we recommend setting it to Low, but it will downgrade the visuals significantly, especially reflections.
21. Set Mesh Quality to Ultra.
22. Set Terrain Quality to High.
23.Set Undergrowth Quality to Low. This is highly recommended for multiplayer.
Set Antialiasing Post-Process to TAA High.
Set Ambient Occlusion to HBAO. If you want a boost of around 4% FPS, we recommend switching this setting off.

Message 11 of 13 (287 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NuchteriaSoupa Thank you so much for the details. I'll give it a try!
Message 12 of 13 (249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fixed the issue by resetting/reinstalling Windows completely. Unfortunately, I still don't know what caused the issue last time, but everything is good right now.

I get around 50-60 Fps without a problem, and without lowering the graphics settings.

Message 13 of 13 (660 Views)