Re: Help with redeeming EA code and console

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help with redeeming EA code and console

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently bought a code for BFV but couldn't redeem it on my ps4, so I redeemed it on my EA account and now don't know where to go from there. Do I have to load up another EA game to access my EA account to put the game in my library? Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @KevenGallagher

I'm afraid we don't have a way of exchanging a code between platforms from our side. When you have a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with Best Buy to see if there's a way they can refund or exchange the code for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (806 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Crylane

If you purchased the game for PS4, that code wouldn't actually work through the Origin system. The different platforms use unique codes, so there isn't a way to redeem them elsewhere. It sounds like your code may have actually been a PC code for BFV rather than a code for PS4. Where did you purchase the game from? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello i for the same problem here i bought a year long ea acces online via best buy. I didnt notice that this card was for PC.   

Message 3 of 4 (814 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @KevenGallagher

I'm afraid we don't have a way of exchanging a code between platforms from our side. When you have a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with Best Buy to see if there's a way they can refund or exchange the code for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (807 Views)