Re: Help! I did a stupid thing...

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Well, tech support responded pretty quickly to my message. They weren't able to locate my lost data, so it looks like I'm starting over. I'm mostly resigned to this fact, but I'm still a bit frustrated. I admit that this is mostly my fault, but I can't help but feel that my situation could have been avoided if EA had simply put a notice on this site saying that they're having problems with their servers--or whatever the problem was--and asking us to wait for them to fix it. I thought it was my device that was possibly causing the problem, and that's why I uninstalled.

Lessons learned from this experience:

1. Be more patient

2. Make sure your game is backed up

Message 11 of 14 (233 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! Frown

Message 12 of 14 (223 Views)

★★★ Novice
The same thing happened to me and I made the same mistake, but when I reinstalled the game in took me to make my new sims character on the bottom left corner there was the green crystal downloading my past game, so when it finished and I created the new sim a box popped up giving me the option either to start over or keep my game going with the other level I had before which was 38, so when I closed the app and opened it again all my stuff was back, but it said it was a one time decision that couldn’t be undone. So be careful lol it would suck to lose all that because I know you worked hard
Message 13 of 14 (209 Views)

I'm sorry to hear this @thecakeisaLIE82! I did see this message on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TheSimsMobile/status/1054786373276684288

However I heard Origin was down some time before that. So it might be they didn't catch on quickly, or the issues started with Origin and didn't affect app games.

It's good to keep an eye on social media, usually when something goes down I search on it, players are so much faster with spreading the word than the companies affected. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 14 (187 Views)