Heavy stuttering and freezing during cutscenes

by jagxj220

Original Post

Heavy stuttering and freezing during cutscenes

★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

So I'm getting very heavy stuttering on cutscenes (especially during scene changes and other obvious "loading" moments). I saw a different thread about stuttering, but it's not my case as there they resolved by switching to DX11... but I'm playing on windows 7 so I don't even have DX12 available anyway. Graphics settings dont seem to matter for this, and the game caps out in ram usage at 7.5 or so total gigs, even though I have 16.

My specs are i5 4690k, GTX 1070 (tried with a few different drivers, right now on 388), 16 gigs of DDR3 ram at 1600mhz (CL9 IIRC), samsung 850 evo ssd. Nothing overclocked. The ram usage thing does seem very suspicious, I'd like to force it to "see" my 16gb, but it's so early we don't even have console or command line arguments for that kind of tinkering. Also tried turning off my swap file (I know, SSD swap file is bad yadda yadda, but Arma 3 still needs it for some reason), made no difference.

I've seen some youtube videos where people suffer this issue, but nobody seems to be complaining anywhere :/

Message 1 of 9 (4,530 Views)

Re: Heavy stuttering and freezing during cutscenes

★★★★ Novice

If you're talking about a singleplayer campaign, it plays prerendered video cutscenes and loads next section of a level in parallel with that. So it freezes because of parallel loading. It feels worse than old (not good) loading screens between levels actually... Experienced almost the same problem in COD WW2. Not a very good design decision IMO

Message 2 of 9 (4,495 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep me to in cit scene and some of gameplay
Message 3 of 9 (4,473 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 4 of 9 (4,430 Views)

Message 5 of 9 (4,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes. I have the same issue during cutscenes too (on PC). No lag in MP/arcade and once a campaign mission is fully loaded. But the game is stuttering and lagging in campaign cutscenes and at the beginning of campaign missions as long as the game is still loading.

Message 6 of 9 (4,301 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, and I see that it also happens with different hardware and even higher than mine, so I don't think it's only a matter of computer's power, it must be something that is not well implemented in the game ( also because in MP I have zero stuttering )

Message 7 of 9 (4,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes theres bug thats causing massive cpu usage during cutscenes hope they fix it  asap

Message 8 of 9 (4,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Not sure if this helps but: I have the same issues. Massive stuttering in cut scenes. I also have a GTX 1070 with the latest drivers. Windows 10. Dx12.

Everything was set to optimal on the GeForce dash board. Today I tried setting scaling to 200%. So the card is rendering at 4k then downspling to 1080p. Boom. Cut scenes don’t skip. This is all I changed from my original settings. Hope this helps.

Hardware:
i7 6700k
GTX1070
16gb Ram
SSD
Message 9 of 9 (4,248 Views)