Heavy packet loss

by IBiteDogs01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Heavy packet loss

★★★ Novice

Im having heavy constant packet loss in games recently. It appears to be happening randomly by game, happening much more oftenly on ranked matches making it unplayable. 

Other games work fine. Conducted internet, and ping test as well as a packet loss test on cmd by pinging google and non of them have any issues.

This started 2 days ago.

Message 1 of 4 (1,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Heavy packet loss

★★★ Novice

I think I fixed this, it was a discord option that seemed to be lagging me out sometimes. I didn't have to be in any voice channels on discord for this to happen.

Specifically it was the "quality of service high packet priority" option in discord settings causing this issue. I just played about 10 games in a row without a problem.

Best of luck.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,236 Views)

All Replies

Champion

please give me the following info:
1: Verify MS/Ping to the server in game or here: https://gameserverping.com/apex
2: Internet speed
3: What OS / Build do you run?
4: All drivers updated?
5: Any 3rd party software running like Anti-virus, discord etc?
6: do you or any other member in the household watch youtube, streams or downloading while playing?
7: Have you tried to repair the game or clear game cache, Read this to know how: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
8: Have you tried using a public DNS to see if this resolve the issue?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

1: Ping in viable servers are around 60-70 with no packet loss as seen in Ping image attached

2: internet speed is around 200Mbps both download and upload

3: Windows 10

4: yes

5: Discord, Geforce Experience, IObit anti-virus

6: Yes Family watches videos while im playing

7: Yes i Tried both, no change

8: I dont know what a public DNS is

Message 3 of 4 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I fixed this, it was a discord option that seemed to be lagging me out sometimes. I didn't have to be in any voice channels on discord for this to happen.

Specifically it was the "quality of service high packet priority" option in discord settings causing this issue. I just played about 10 games in a row without a problem.

Best of luck.

Message 4 of 4 (1,237 Views)