Heal/Recharge Shield Help (xbox)

by RelentlessShiba

Original Post

Heal/Recharge Shield Help (xbox)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I am going to try and explain this as best as possible.  I do not know if this is a controller issue or a game issue.  Since season 5 I cannot switch to a different shield or health pack without it using what is already equipped.  On xbox if you tap "up' on the d pad it uses the shield cell or health and holding it opens the wheel.  Now, if I hold it, it will use whatever I have equipped and simultaneously open the wheel.  This causes a lot of problems if I need a shield battery and have about 2 health missing and it uses a med pack which takes 6 seconds or so to heal 2 damage and then it goes to shield cell and I have to use 3-4 of those instead of just a battery.  It just started happening so I dont know if its correlation and not causation, but was wondering if that could be a controller issue or is something broken in game.  its gotten me downed and killed lots of times trying to get it to work.  the only work around I have is to use whatever is equipped, switch to what I want, and hit Y to cancel the first thing and start the new.  But as you can see this can add 2-3 seconds which is a lot for a fast past game.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (329 Views)

Re: Heal/Recharge Shield Help (xbox)

Community Manager

Hi @RelentlessShiba

Are you using a custom controller layout, or is it set to the default? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (278 Views)