Re: Have to re-do tutorial every time I open the game

by MPdaghost

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Have to re-do tutorial every time I open the game

★★★★ Novice

Hi, it automatically starts up the tutorial every time I open the game and then in ranked games the harvester button is completely gone. I tried to delete and reinstall the app on my phone and that did not work. 

Message 1 of 53 (1,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Holy *! Can confirm it all works now. Thank you so much guys! 

View in thread

Message 23 of 53 (1,738 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hey @MPdaghost thanks for reaching out. Can you clear the cache for Rivals on your device and reinstall again? Please make sure to have your account linked to email/Facebook/Google Play Games/iOS Game Center before uninstalling. You will likely need to play through the first tutorial mission and then can link your account again to restore it. Can I also get your Persona ID, found in Settings > About? Thanks!

Message 2 of 53 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I am not sure if there is a specific way to clear the cache for rivals on iOS? It doesn’t let me do it from settings > rivals. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall however, and the problem persisted. My Persona ID: 1004347576630.

thank you

Message 3 of 53 (1,061 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the prompt reply @MPdaghost. I've looked into your account and don't see any immediate errors. Can you tell me which tutorial keeps popping up when you load the game?

To clear cache on iOS you need to go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. In there, you'll find Rivals and can "Offload App" and can reinstall there too if you wish. 

For the Harvester button, is that button missing from the beginning of every match?

Message 4 of 53 (1,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am facing Col.Jackson in the tutorial. Tells me to build a turret, etc. The harvester is missing from the start of every game everywhere (blitz tournament, PvP) and when I open the PVP map for either GDI or NOD I cannot click the back arrow no longer and I am forced to either play a game with no harvester or close the app, upon which I have to do the tutorial again if I want to start it. I will try clearing the cache and post whether it worked or not

Message 5 of 53 (1,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I did the hard delete along with all the files which cleared the cache and reinstalled, and the problem still persists.

Message 6 of 53 (1,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also to add — when I play with NOD where I am rated 0 when I win I get nothing. I have included a screenshot showing no points awarded for victory. It is also maybe important to point out that this problem started when I unlocked the NOD race.

Message 7 of 53 (1,028 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @MPdaghost thank you for all the additional info. Much appreciated. I've passed all this info along for further investigation. Apologies for the inconvenience but we are looking into it.

Message 8 of 53 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Judging from what I’ve read on this forum, passing something on seems to mean that nothing will ever happen. I have spent some decent money on this game, not to mention the thousands of dollars I’ve put into EA games in general. After playing this game for two days, I haven’t been able to play for three. Who do I contact about getting my money back on the basis that this game is absolutely unplayable? If this doesn’t get fixed today I will also leave a 1 star review on the App Store.

Message 9 of 53 (989 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @MPdaghost that is simply not the case. We do investigate and address these issues, some take longer than others, some require us to get more information from players, some we can address in an instant. I can assure you that the team is looking at your issue and aim to get you back in action as soon as possible! With that, can I ask you provide a screenshot of the tutorial mission when it pops when you load the game and a screenshot from within a battle that shows the harvester button missing. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 10 of 53 (973 Views)