Have not received the summer upgrade still and already contacted EA and PSN

by YTBobBox999

Original Post

Did not receive the after party update after purchase.

★ Novice
Did not receive the after party update after purchase. Contacted PSN and EA. EA said its an issue with popcap and its being worked on. Was advised to not purchase anything from EA till its resolved. Was told the issue would be resolved within a few days but its been almost 2 months. Called support today and they said no update. Was told by ea support, developers only look here (forum) for issues and to try posting here, so wasted time 2 mths ago dealing with support i guess. My son just wants to purchase EA content for his birthday so posting here now and will see if anything happens.
Message 21 of 39 (472 Views)

Re: Have not received the summer upgrade still and already contacted EA and PSN

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys -

First, just to let you know who's who currently, the community manager for GW2 is @EA_Roger.  Archi helped out a bit recently but he was filling in temporarily, and Andy has moved to a different set of games.

Being only a sort of pseudo-moderator, I can't tell you much of what you want answered here.  One thing I do know is that the actual problem is on PS side and not EA.  If you bought the upgrade and didn't receive content, you need to pursue a refund through PS.

However I absolutely agree with you that EA should be working very hard with PS to get this issue resolved.  I'd be really angry if I just plain couldn't purchase an upgrade due to technical problems, particularly now that items have started appearing that only can be gotten via the upgrade..

Since I've tagged Roger on this post, he will see this and hopefully respond soon.  Cheers!

Message 22 of 39 (470 Views)

Re: Did not receive the after party update after purchase.

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to hear about your issue.  Please see this thread and my reply at the end.  I'm bringing this issue to EA's attention again, hopefully the squeaky wheel will get some oil.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Have-not-received-the-summer-upgrade-still-and-already-con...

I do suspect that the problem is on PS end and not EA.  Obviously it is in EA's best interest to resolve a problem causing paying customers inability to purchase their products.  Good luck!

Message 23 of 39 (461 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this can get fixed before they remove the dlc, but I don't think it will be available much longer. maybe they could put it on again after it ends or extend the time it's available.

Message 24 of 39 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gamelover465561 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this can get fixed before they remove the dlc, but I don't think it will be available much longer. maybe they could put it on again after it ends or extend the time it's available.

Codes for these updates are usually available for sale at websites like gamestop and amazon long after they disappear from the PS/xbox/etc. stores.

Message 25 of 39 (452 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @YTBobBox999 &  @Gamelover465561,

I sincerly apologize for the delayed response and the poor player experience in this case. These issues can be difficult to track as the game itself is linked to your PSN account over which we have very little to no control. I will try to dig into this on my end and get back to you when I have more information, feel free to tag me if need be.

Thanks @pandareno1999 for the heads up!

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 26 of 39 (441 Views)

Re: Did not receive the after party update after purchase.

I'm going to try to merge this thread with a similar one above.  Hold on tight!

Message 27 of 39 (441 Views)

★ Novice
Its the download for me. We purchased the deluxe edition. We've purchased different coin packs and those type of things fine, includimg the festive edition. Just this one is not working. Contacted ps4 prior, went through all the steps of uninstalling, reinstalling, rebuilding the database on the ps4 etc. No change, just got a refund and said its an issue with EA.
Message 28 of 39 (385 Views)

★ Novice
Since PS is adiment on this being an issue with EA since according to PS, EA controls the content released for each purchase, and EA was saying its a known popcap issue but am now seeing in this thread that statement is kind of being pulled back saying you believe its a PS issue, who is going to fix this? Been very frustrating waiting months for something EA said was being worked on and will be fixed within days and to still see months later no work had been done just alot of tossing the issue over the fence. Feels like Customer service is not a top priority as long as the $$ is coming in elsewhere from others. Disappointed, more so for my son.
Message 29 of 39 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think I'm the only one here who said I think it's a PS4 issue.  I'm only a player like yourself - that's just a guess based on everything I've read on the topic, not any sort of statement from EA.

This issue is causing a lot of finger pointing to and from every direction, I've given up trying to figure out who the problem is.  I just recommend not buying these upgrades while this issue is still unresolved.

Message 30 of 39 (374 Views)