Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hard Luck: Axius' dialogue triggers at empty camp before quest starts

★★★ Guide

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug At a deserted scavenger camp west of the Paradise, an "Axius" began to make threats over the comm. But there was no one at the camp. The comms stopped when I drove out of range.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Land on Elaaden and drive immediately west. The camp should be one of the first you encounter. It is unmarked (before you get Hard Luck). Listen for this "Axius" to address you.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

After landing on Elaaden and heading directly west, I encountered an empty camp. When I came within range, a certain "Axius" began to speak over the comm, but no one showed up at the camp. After a few minutes of his threats and no one showing up, I drove away. From a search of the Prima guide, I see this NPC and camp is connected to "Hard Luck", but I haven't started that quest yet.

Message 1 of 12 (1,943 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hard Luck: Axius' dialogue triggers at empty camp before quest starts

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is not a bug. The spot where you hear the radio might be a bit confusing I guess.

It's not that camp where Axius is. To find him, you need to drive over the, um, erm, hill?

Screenshot 1 - You're hearing radio chatter in this empty camp

Screenshot 2 - Axius is in this building located south from the camp

Screenshot 3 - Your location in empty camp on the map and where you need to go to to find Axius' "hideout"

Additional note for @virtus753

Prima Guide is correct, after disposing of Axius and his goons, then exploring the building you will open a new quest. However, that same quest can be triggered also during planet exploration as the scientist will radio you when you drive near her location even if you never saw Axius previously. And you will drive through that spot, trust me.

Reading what you've posted before about stuff from it, seems that Prima Guide lacks of too many details.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (2,278 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Same here. I have this problem on Xbox One.

Message 2 of 12 (1,734 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue on PS4

Message 3 of 12 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is not a bug. The spot where you hear the radio might be a bit confusing I guess.

It's not that camp where Axius is. To find him, you need to drive over the, um, erm, hill?

Screenshot 1 - You're hearing radio chatter in this empty camp

Screenshot 2 - Axius is in this building located south from the camp

Screenshot 3 - Your location in empty camp on the map and where you need to go to to find Axius' "hideout"

Additional note for @virtus753

Prima Guide is correct, after disposing of Axius and his goons, then exploring the building you will open a new quest. However, that same quest can be triggered also during planet exploration as the scientist will radio you when you drive near her location even if you never saw Axius previously. And you will drive through that spot, trust me.

Reading what you've posted before about stuff from it, seems that Prima Guide lacks of too many details.

Message 4 of 12 (2,279 Views)

★★★ Guide

Excellent, @JoxerTM22! Thanks for the details and the screenshots.

I'm still struggling with the notion that we can hear Axius in that first empty camp as if he were right there. That's why I thought he should appear at that empty camp in your first screenshot; he sounded like he was right in front of me. And since his hideout is actually on the other side of the hill, I didn't see it (or anything else) when I looked around. There's just something off about hearing him on comms and not being able to find him in an obvious location (especially not the one right in front of you when the dialogue trips). If he had mentioned being over the ridge or hard to find, then I certainly would have looked further afield. Instead I was threatened by this invisible person and didn't know what the heck was going on.

The Prima guide certainly suggests that the way to start the quest is to speak to the scientist first. If it can also be started by approaching Axius' hideout, then hearing him over the comms isn't necessarily out of place, as you say. But I do wish that that approach were easier to understand.

Message 5 of 12 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks JoxerTM22 for the explanation! I agree completely virtus753. I know understand why it happened, but I agree it isn't clear when you first enter the camp. It all looks like he should've been in that abandoned camp or something. He even said some fighting sentences, like an invisible person was trying to attack Ryder. Anyhow, after doing the quest, he was yelling those 'cause of the other faction he's fighting.

Maybe they can make this less confusing?

Message 6 of 12 (1,677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've just done this quest - here's what happened when I did it.

- Spoke to scientist in the sink hole, told me to go to a specific camp to retrieve shuttle part.

- Went to camp, spoke to guy inside building, who mentioned Axius and gave me nav point to his camp.

- Approached Axius' camp, got the radio message of Axius telling his followers to kill me.

- Axius' goons were in combat with some wildlife, I pitched in. Axius' goons were not attackable. When the critters were dead, I entered the camp. All NPCs were still neutral, did not attack and ignored me. No sign of Axius.

- Picked up the shuttle part from a crate on the second floor, quest updated, telling me to return it to the scientist.

Presumably something is meant to happen in this camp? Presumably I am supposed to fight Axius and his men? I'm going to assume that this quest bugged for me, I can't imagine it was supposed to be that anticlimatic.

Message 7 of 12 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Guide

That sounds like a bug! I believe the whole challenge is to clear out Axius & Co. Otherwise the quest wouldn't make much sense (not to say there haven't been mindless "go here and fetch this because I'm too lazy/injured/weak/otherwise indisposed to do it myself" quests). I'm glad the quest updated for you afterwards, though. The update trigger is probably tied to having no hostiles on radar, and since Axius and his men weren't hostile to you, the quest could proceed. I can't remember what Axius actually looks like, but I do remember not being able to distinguish him in battle. It's not as if he ever introduces himself (IIRC). He probably can't even be spoken with, being so hostile (normally), in which case he wouldn't get a label on the screen or any other way to identify him.

Message 8 of 12 (1,638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Axius and his gang are supposed to be hostile to you.

Axius is a Turian and he had yellow armor in my game. His name can be seen above his head when attacking him (at least for me it was) so you can distinguish him from others. But that's only during the fight. Not sure if you can do that when he's not hostile (probably not).

But other than the radio chatter (that I already got in the empty camp) he doesn't introduce himself. He didn't say anything during the actual fight in my game as he already said those things when I was in that other empty camp.

Message 9 of 12 (1,624 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just as I approached Axius' camp, the wildlife turned on him. Once he was dead,I couldn't interact with or fight anyone at the camp (including the wildlife) as they were simply meandering about aimlessly.

Message 10 of 12 (1,541 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help