Re: Hang Time Achievement on the PC

by MADrag0n

Original Post

★★★ Novice

EXACTLY! This Achievement is IMPOSSIBLE to do on PC.  There is no way to point the nose of the Nomad up on keyboard and mouse (IMO a PC game should us PC CONTROLS as in mouse an keyboard not a gamepad)  This is the CURSE us PC gammers have to deal with ALL the TIME a damn console port.  So impossible to do with a keyboard and mouse,  Making an achievement that you can only do with a gamepad is just absolutely ridiculous if you are on a PC.

Message 11 of 39 (5,222 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pulled out the controller that I never use and got it on the ...second try.  First time I mucked up as I've never played on a controller so have no idea what buttons were for what.  But yeah - perfectly fine on controller.  Completely un-achievable (lol) on PC.  Great QA work there, EA.

Message 12 of 39 (5,187 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has Bioware gotten into selling game pads? Why have an achievement that it is impossible to get for PC players with a keyboard? Fix this you gits. This game is very sloppy. Too many busted quests and the whole newgame+ fiasco. I have had weekly origin updates but only one game up date since it was released. That added new problems while fixing the annoying sound problem.(still can't hear people behind you). 

Message 13 of 39 (5,016 Views)

★★ Novice

It took longer to find drivers for an old controller than to google this thread, figure out it's impossible on PC and finally do it with controller :/

Message 14 of 39 (5,001 Views)

★★ Novice
Will this problem be adressed or not? Why you added completely useless "agility" mode instead of tilting ability? As if there not enough buttons on a keyboard. :/
Message 15 of 39 (4,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Patch 1.06 don't fix the problem .

Still is impossible on PC with a keyboard and mouse to get the hang time achievement. Pulling back on the mouse sadly doesn't work neither do the arrow keys.

Message 16 of 39 (4,795 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And the same with 1.07 

Message 17 of 39 (4,717 Views)

★★★ Novice
Even with a controller it seems that boost recharge time is slower than on consoles while airborne. Boost also caused my Nomad to lose altitude with the stick pulled back. 1.07.
Message 18 of 39 (4,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Message 19 of 39 (16,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@MADrag0n Good hack, manually adding the tilt into controls...

Still, it is a bug that BioWare needs to resolve

Message 20 of 39 (4,604 Views)