Hacked account - Got it back, but I think they cheated on it

by Buskagets

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked account - Got it back, but I think they cheated on it

★★ Novice

Hello!

About 30-60 minutes ago I signed into Apex via Origins, and noticed that half of my crafting metals (around 2000 or so) and all of my Apex Coins (around 1500) were missing. I then realized that someone had used said crafting metals to purchase a legendary gun skin on my account (not sure where the coins went). On top of that I also noticed that my stats had significantly improved over the couple of days I've spent away from the game (Wraith for example now has a 3K damage badge equipped, something I've never even come close to getting). On top of all of this, my control settings and my sensitivity had been altered as well.

I googled and found all the advisable steps for when someone else gains access to your account, and I did all the necessary steps I could find. Resetting all my passwords, getting an authenticator, etc etc. So the account now seems to be back in my own control and mine alone.

But what I am worried about is that, given the major increase the stats I have now, I'm thinking that whoever gained access to my account used it to cheat. And given as I very recently spent a lot of money on this game, I really don't want the account to end up getting banned.

So what I'm asking is, is there something I can do as a precautionary measure to prevent that potential ban from happening? Is there someone I can message, to ensure it doesn't come to that? I would love to just wait and see, perhaps it won't end up getting banned, but with season 6 coming up, I'd be scared to purchase anything that's coming up if that ban ends up happening and it all just goes away. And I don't want to miss out on anything released.

Message 1 of 7 (904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked account - Got it back, but I think they cheated on it

Champion
@Buskagets If you think the account may been hacking please go over to:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
And contact the correct department and give them all information needed.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (895 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@Buskagets If you think the account may been hacking please go over to:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
And contact the correct department and give them all information needed.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (896 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your response! 

Sadly, the site you linked to was the first one I went to. And try as I might I can not find a combination of topics and issues that doesn't lead to the one option being to call them on a number that's not actually written out. And sadly, I am not able to make phone calls outside of my own region. Is there a way to solve this through email?

Message 3 of 7 (887 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same happend to me and i had 110 Apex Pack all gone. I got my Account back but for me its is too late my Account got banned I allready send the case to the advisors, hope they can help me. I really like the game and i have put a lot of money into it i don't wanna buy ervery thing again.

Message 4 of 7 (753 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't end up getting banned, but all the Apex packs I had after spending 150 dollars on the game are gone. And support is telling me they don't have the tools to give those back. It's weird to me that they would have a "had items but lost them" section when you submit a ticket but they don't have any tools for actually giving people their items back. 

I'm also curious why this thread is marked as solved, as I responded to the suggestion by saying it didn't actually help with the issue I was having. 

Message 5 of 7 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

150$ you are lucky i spendet maybe 1200$ more or less so i am worried about everything i have in the game. But now i have to wait up to 3 long days for an answer.
yeah thats strange 

Message 6 of 7 (716 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good news the EA Support helped me to recover my account and unban me from Apex Legends. I was talking to the support through chat, 30 min later we were done. I'am so happy, sadly they couldn't help me with the Apex Packs but that doesn't matter I have my account back and can still play Apex Legends. 

Message 7 of 7 (523 Views)