Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Hacked FIFA20 account

by CopiousBear74

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hacked FIFA20 account

★★ Novice

My FUT account was hacked 6 weeks ago and I lost all my tradeable high value players.I've been in contact with EA help live chat on numerous occasions only to be told I'm in the queue for the technical support team to look at my account. Whilst I appreciate the difficulties everyone has faced with the global crisis, I've noticed that several other gamers have faced the same problem. Has anyone with the same problem had their account restored or are we all being fobbed off?

Message 1 of 13 (354 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Hacked FIFA20 account

Community Manager

Hey @CopiousBear74 for any account-based issue you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (299 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Novice

We're all being strung along. If your account gets hacked, contact EA, secure your account but don't bother expecting your losses to be restored. You'll get nothing, just save your time and effort. All EA are bothered about is rinsing as much money as possible out of you and you might be stupid enough to buy their rigged packs of your club remains empty.

Message 2 of 13 (315 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @CopiousBear74 for any account-based issue you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Message 3 of 13 (300 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks but I've contacted your EA Help chat advisors on numerous occasions. Whilst always being polite and supportive they offered no real help in restoring the losses to my account. My case was referred to the technical support team who messaged me a month later to say as they couldn't verify my losses I would receive nothing. To say this has left me angry with your customer service and support is an understatement. No explanation as to why the losses couldn't be verified just a curt email denying any sort of compensation to restore my lost players and fifa coins. I've yet to find anyone on these forums that have had losses to their account restored. I then contacted EA help to find out how to complain officially about the decision by the technical support team regarding the losses to my account. The link I was sent doesn't show how to make an official complaint, only how to report a bug. I even tried ringing EA's Guildford office to no avail. The entire episode has been a complete waste of my time and effort and I urge anyone in a similar position to contact EA to secure your account then suck up your account losses because you'll get nothing but empty promises.

Message 4 of 13 (291 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry to say @CopiousBear74 but if our team has advised you that they are unable to return your items then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Darko

Message 5 of 13 (287 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks. I realise this. EA help can't do anything either and I can't reply to the email the technical support team sent, which as I previously stated offers no explanation. How do I go about making an official complaint about this decision? Please don't forward the link EA Help sent either. Thanks for your help but other gamers should be aware that losses due to hackers won't be restored and EA Help shouldn't suggest otherwise.

Message 6 of 13 (279 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You can appeal the decision by filling out the appeal form again or make a complaint by speaking with our live support team @CopiousBear74.

Darko 

Message 7 of 13 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks EA_Darko. I wasn't aware I could appeal the decision. EA Help's chat advisor told me I couldn't appeal. How do I appeal the decision and get the appeal form to fill out? EA Help chat advisors have been unable to offer any real help regarding appeals or complaints, which has only added to my anger and frustration.

Message 8 of 13 (259 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team to appeal a ban @CopiousBear74.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Message 9 of 13 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoI haven't been banned! My account was hacked, I lost numerous players, packs and fifa coins. I contacted EA Help on numerous occasions and was reassured by several advisors that technical support would investigate my case and restore or compensate me for my losses. After over a month of waiting I was finally contacted via email to be told that as they were unable to verify my losses I would receive no compensation. To summarise, here's what information I want - 1. An explanation as to why technical support were unable to verify my losses.  2. Information as to how to appeal this decision by technical support.  3. Information as to how to make a complaint against the poor Customer Service I have received from EA, I have been sent irrelevant links by numerous advisors (including yourself) and misled by several advisors that I would have my losses due to the hacker restored. Thanks.

Message 10 of 13 (183 Views)
Twitter Stream