HWID ban and covid

by KAPITAN_OZZI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HWID ban and covid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My son played Apex and apparently used an aimbot. I warned him, but who on 10 listens to advice from elders?) Since then he has improved his level of play and does not need cheats, though it cost me a few months.

Here's my story.

It turned out that the computer hardware had been blacklisted! This made it very difficult - it became impossible to play at home.

My actions:

1) I don't know what part of the pc to replace (or multiple parts? or - omg - the expensive video card???), so
2) I have to take my son to a cybersports club every day, which not only wastes my time and money, but also runs the risk of covid infection, and also
3) I don't want to deceive a new buyer if I decide to sell the whole computer - what if he installs Origin and gets banned?

In chess this is called "zugzwang" - any move makes the situation worse.

Anyway, guys, here's what I mean. It's one thing to ban a kid's account; it's another to make him throw away $2500 for a piece of hardware he can't play his favorite game on.

That's tough. The LTV of your accounts won't even come close to the cost of the HW. So far, only the cybersports club benefits from the whole story (and the covid loses, hehe).

No kidding:
- your support site doesn't work
- I have to spend a lot of time to figure out where it's blocked, where the cybersports club is and where the free parking is next to it Wink
- I'm willing to pay to have my equipment unlocked instead of racing to a place where half a hundred teenagers are breathing the same air, putting their lives in danger.

But that's an option you didn't foresee, unfortunately.

I don't even know what to ask. If you've read to this point, you already know the extent of my anxiety.

I'm going to teach him to play chess. There's nothing else to do.)

Message 1 of 2 (322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HWID ban and covid

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @KAPITAN_OZZI.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)

All Replies

Re: HWID ban and covid

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @KAPITAN_OZZI.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)