HUT Online game play is laggy/unresponsive

by Prosciutt0

Original Post

HUT Online game play is laggy/unresponsive

★ Novice

When i play online games i feel as though im playing at 100-250ms of ping. When i check network performance during the game, it shows steady 15ms. I do not have this issue offline. There is no other traffic on my network, xbox is hard wired and ports are forwarded. I've tried several different servers (New York, Saskatchewan, West coast USA and texas), to no avail. 

I've tried playing NHL 19, connected to one of the same servers listed above and the input lag is non existent. I've isolated this to be an NHL 20 issue. Are there any potential solutions?

Message 1 of 7 (710 Views)

Re: HUT Online game play is laggy/unresponsive

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have ping for about 155-185 fps. Far East of Russia. No, not that way, - everybody have ping 150+ in our region. What we need to do?

Message 2 of 7 (643 Views)

This problem seems way more prevalent this year compared to previous iterations of NHL and it's pretty frustrating. ONES gets progressively worse the further you go but at least that shows proper numbers (and it's understandable since you're grouped with so many different people at once) ; HUT and EASHL shouldn't be so hard to find a proper match :/.

You can try a power cycle, restoring licenses, and even removing your USB stuff from the console (this is more for error codes appearing but you never know, it could work for the strange lag as well)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 7 (636 Views)

Competitive Seasons LAG

★★★ Apprentice

I dont know why every other online mode is fine except comp seasons of HUT. It never disconnects me but every single match is like im playing in slow motion. I already set all ports and other things recommended. Can someone explain this situation? I know that versus is p2p connection but how about normal online seasons of HUT - no problem there :o?

Message 4 of 7 (581 Views)

Ping 150+

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Russia living maybe
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant play
What do you expect to see? Better ping
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Hut
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Always
What is your time zone? AET - GMT + 10:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Abasaka
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? Russian

Everyday ping 168 ms, cant play. Dont want play anything but hut. Disappointed.

Message 5 of 7 (567 Views)

★ Novice

so i've been able to somewhat identify the issue. It happens when i have a moderate NAT type...now i'm able to achieve an open nat type sometimes....but during a game it'll always switch back to moderate and its IMMEDIATELY noticable...does anybody know if NHL20 needs specific ports opened besides the recommend ones on microsofts site?

Message 6 of 7 (532 Views)

Community Manager
Message 7 of 7 (505 Views)