HELP! Account Locked, all contact being refused

by ScorchTheHegehog

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP! Account Locked, all contact being refused

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So this is going to be a bit long winded, but by the end anyone reading this could imagine the level of stress I have been enduring,

Back in August 2018, my Playstation linked account was locked from all online/multiplayer components in EA titles. (Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, Ect...)

Any attempt to use online functions is met with a white pop up box saying: Locked Account - To protect your information, your account is now temporarily locked. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please visit help.ea.com/contact-us to unlock your account. 

I've been following the proper, requested, procedure to unlock my account. following the "Guide" on the help site to the letter. I cannot file any contact request for any game or service as my account has apparently been "Banned for breaking our rules." There are four things wrong with this:

1) My account was locked during a month long period where I did not have my Playstation plus subscription active. So I could not have broken any rules as I had no access to any online components. I only play on Playstation as the only game i own through PC/Origin is Dead Space 1 (a single player game), which i grabbed only because it was free for a week, of which also cannot run on my toaster of a PC.

2) When the "your account has been banned for breaking our rules, would you like to file a dispute form?" message is up there is an option to see the terms and rules, that i apparently broke. Choosing this option takes you to to a list of, not the rules and regulations, but steps on how to file the same dispute form I've been submitting since last August.  

3) Titanfall 2 (an EA published game) runs online multiplayer fine. So the account ban is inconsistent, as it is picky with what I'm banned from playing. (although the ban includes games that came out after i was banned, such as: Battlefield 5 and the Anthem Beta that launched just yesterday.) 

I have submitted Ban repeal request after request, but i continue to get this same email over and over again:

Hello,

We got your request and would love to help you fix your account issue.

We want to help keep everyone’s account more secure. Because your issue is related specifically to account management, we need to verify your account with you.

Set up a call or a chat with us

To verify your account we need you to please go to http://help.ea.com/contact-us/ and schedule a phone call or chat with one of our advisors.

Once we know we've got you matched with the right account, we can help you get back into your game.

What if my issue is already fixed?

If your account is fine and you don't need our help anymore, you can ignore this message.

Thank you

As you can see i Submit my request to talk to someone only to be told that i need to submit the same request to talk to someone. I have been at this for almost seven months now. Including DLC, premium editions, season passes, and special editions, I have sunk hundreds of dollars into these games and am effectively being told that EA is taking my money and running with it. I've tried calling the customer support number (listed on google as its nowhere to be found on the website) and receive an automated message saying to use the help.ea site. I am at my whits end and have suffered enough stress from this endless cycle to, at one point, receive the first nose bleed of my life. As it stands all of the claims i have filled have been labeled closed, as they received no further communication from me on the matter, BECAUSE THE ONLY COMMUNICATION OPTION I'M GIVEN IS TO RESTART AND FILE A BRAND NEW CLAIM.

If anyone has any advice on the matter i would appreciate any and all help you can give. I don't want to have to make a new account as that wouldn't fix the fact that i am barred from playing games I have already purchased, and i cant see myself donating my time to an entire account exclusively for EA games after they've made me go this this ordeal.

Thanks allot for reading this far, hope to get this noticed and resolved soon (hopefully by an actual EA rep. and not another bot)

Message 1 of 3 (1,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP! Account Locked, all contact being refused

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ScorchTheHegehog .

In a situation such as this, you will need to speak with one of our live support advisers as it sounds to me, from your description that someone attempted to compromise your account and our system flagged the action resulting in your account being closed till you, the account owner can verify ownership.

There is nothing we can do on AHQ but as @holger1405  suggested speaking with our live support is the way to go.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Now if it is a case that above does not work then you can use the phone number in the previous post to speak with our support. Also, if you account is locked and you are still posting on AHQ I assume that you have multiple EA accounts so there is no harm in setting up a case on a secondary account and then during your live support contact informing the adviser of the issue and how it affects another account to the one you are contacting on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,116 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: HELP! Account Locked, all contact being refused

[ Edited ]

@ScorchTheHegehog 

I forwarded your post to the EA CMs. 

According to your description, I would assume that this is not an account ban, but a security measure to protect your account after EA has detected hacking attempts against your account, but I can't be sure about that of course.

(On a side note, "advisors" is not misspelled, just a less common form with the same meaning)

If call becomes the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice for this call to reduce the cost. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Because I don't know where you're from here are some phone numbers:
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 3705 0193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05
Poland +48 22 39 70 840

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter, or on  Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (1,139 Views)

Re: HELP! Account Locked, all contact being refused

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ScorchTheHegehog .

In a situation such as this, you will need to speak with one of our live support advisers as it sounds to me, from your description that someone attempted to compromise your account and our system flagged the action resulting in your account being closed till you, the account owner can verify ownership.

There is nothing we can do on AHQ but as @holger1405  suggested speaking with our live support is the way to go.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Now if it is a case that above does not work then you can use the phone number in the previous post to speak with our support. Also, if you account is locked and you are still posting on AHQ I assume that you have multiple EA accounts so there is no harm in setting up a case on a secondary account and then during your live support contact informing the adviser of the issue and how it affects another account to the one you are contacting on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (1,117 Views)