HDR will not turn off

by gnunard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HDR will not turn off

★★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug If HDR is set to OFF in settings HEAT will still, most times, start with HDR enabled. Settinging is manually through the PROFILE file doesn't work. Starting the game and set HDR to AUTO set the settings, then reset it to off doesn't work. Restarting the game doesn't work. Repaired installation files HEAT seems to randomly choose to start with HDR OFF whenever.
What car were you using? Does not apply
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Does not apply
Was it a day or a night event? Night Event
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? PC, nvidia latest drivers to HDR Compatible TV, turn HDR OFF.
What happens when the bug occurs? HDR signal when set to HDR OFF
What do you expect to see? No HDR when set to OFF

If HDR is set to OFF in settings HEAT will still, most times, start with HDR enabled.
Setting is manually through the PROFILE file doesn't work.

Starting the game and set HDR to AUTO set the settings, then reset it to off doesn't work.

Restarting the game doesn't work.

Repaired installation files

HEAT seems to randomly choose to start with HDR OFF whenever.

Message 1 of 5 (3,960 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HDR will not turn off

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have an update.

NFSHEAT has started without HDR every time I've done this. About four or five times.

If I start the game from Origin then spam click the desktop so NFSHEAT won't start up directly into fullscreen, then just click the icon in the taskbar.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,882 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have an update.

NFSHEAT has started without HDR every time I've done this. About four or five times.

If I start the game from Origin then spam click the desktop so NFSHEAT won't start up directly into fullscreen, then just click the icon in the taskbar.

Message 2 of 5 (3,883 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've tried a couple of more times and, yes, it works. Silly workaround but needed

Message 3 of 5 (3,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Latest update broke the workaround

Message 4 of 5 (3,784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Had this problem...here's how i solved it:

1. Backup the "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Need for Speed Heat\" folder just in case
  2. Disabled cloud saves: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/How-do-I-delete-old-cloud-saves/td-p/1233650
  3. Cleared Origin's cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  4. Delete "PROFILEOPTIONS_profile" in "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Need for Speed Heat\settings"

When you start the game HDR will be on due to all the settings being reset...just change it to Off.

Message 5 of 5 (3,431 Views)