HDR not working? - BFV on PC

by ImHorseForSure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HDR not working? - BFV on PC

★★ Novice

i have exactly the same problem as this guy

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/HDR-not-working-BFV-on-PC/td-p/7157865

HDR is not working in BFV and Battlefront 2 but its working in other games

Message 1 of 19 (8,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HDR not working? - BFV on PC

EA DICE Team

Cheers for the update! 

Not that I'm aware of that you need to change. I'm assuming you are using display port on the monitor? 

If you move the BFV document folder to desktop and then startup up the game. All the settings will be reset its to see if there any issues while the save files. 

Also an update to day with the game, same issue? 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 9 of 19 (8,645 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ImHorseForSure 

What is your PC configuration and what monitor do you use?

Message 2 of 19 (8,816 Views)

★★ Novice

GPU: GTX 1080 TI

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K 

Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10

Monitor : Samsung CRG9 5120x1440p HDR 1000nits

Message 3 of 19 (8,803 Views)

EA DICE Team

When you are saying it's not working, in what way? As in you cant activate or when it's activated it does nothing?  @ImHorseForSure 

/Atic

Message 4 of 19 (8,771 Views)

★★ Novice

when it's activated the image look worst ( doesn't matter where i put the slider the image doesn't change and stay washed out ), and i can tell you that because HDR once worked for few seconds then it never worked again

i would like to show you a comparison but links get removed

i feel like for some reason the game doesn't recognize the HDR brightness and colors even tho HDR is ON

this is only happening in BFV and BF1 and Battlefront 2

Message 5 of 19 (8,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

https://imgur.com/a/jmySH6b

here

and here when the problem was fixed ( only for a minute ) https://imgur.com/a/zeqq2Mj

after playing the game in real HDR ( even tho it was just a minute ) i really want to experience it again but this bugged HDR is driving me crazy

Message 6 of 19 (8,754 Views)

EA DICE Team

Did you try to reinstall your GPU drivers ? @ImHorseForSure 

Thanks for the photos and information! 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 19 (8,707 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah, and i alsoupgraded my GPU from GTX1080TI to RTX2080TI today and installed all the new drivers and the issue is still there

maybe its something within the game files that i have to mess with or get it fixed? why the game recognize my HDR monitor but doesn't recognize the colors and brightness?

Message 8 of 19 (8,695 Views)

EA DICE Team

Cheers for the update! 

Not that I'm aware of that you need to change. I'm assuming you are using display port on the monitor? 

If you move the BFV document folder to desktop and then startup up the game. All the settings will be reset its to see if there any issues while the save files. 

Also an update to day with the game, same issue? 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 19 (8,646 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I also experiencing this issue (When enabling HDR, the game looks total washed out and overexposed)

HDR in others games (forza horizon 4, shadow of the tomb raider) runs flawlessly, no issues.

I have tried to reset the settings files, reinstalling my graphics card drivers (version 445.75)

Also have tired turning off HDR in game, and then turning on HDR in Windows 10, after that open the game and press alt+tab to minimize it, then alt+tab again to restore it.

My specs:

I9 9900K

RTX 2080

My sceen is a Samsung C27HG70 Curved - 600nits

Is there a fix for it?

Message 10 of 19 (8,352 Views)