HDR issue on PC

by B_Zee_786

Original Post

Re: HDR issue on PC

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry why should we be disabling anything because you cant make your games the way you should?!?!!?!
Message 21 of 90 (5,195 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If we disable Deep Color on the TV (LG OLED77G6 / OLED55C7 / OLED55C8 / OLED55C9), we have only 4:2:0 chroma in SDR, this not an acceptable solution, game looks like crap.

Also tried 4:2:0 / 4:2:2 8bits with limited black level but the game launch in HDR with only pink/green colors ...

I can play in Dolby vision mode with 4:4:4 RGB full but I can't alt tab or leave the game because of the black screen on the main monitor (LG OLED), only solution is to restart the computer after i have finished to play ...

I don't spend 10000$+ on my setup to play on a game in SDR and only with chroma 4:2:0 or to restart the computer every times I leave the game.

This problem is not fixed yet, why ?

Can you please disable Dolby Vision from the game so I can play it normally ? (or fix it so we can actually play in Dolby vision without the black screen when we leaving/alt tab the game ?)

Fun thing, I was a shareholder of Electronic Arts before, the fact that this problem happened on all of your frostbite games made me think, why support a company that systematically brings the same bug to every release of a Frostbite game? (ME Andromeda was fine but ... Star Wars battlefront II, Batefield 1, Battlefield 5 and Anthem had this exact same problem before)

Seriously, I preorder every games from you and i have also Origin Access Basic (spending like 600€+ per years since i bought your games on Xbox too) but if this issue is not fixed soon (like very soon), I will not preorder any more and I will cancel the new Star Wars.

Same things happen again and again, I can never play any of your frostbite game when they are released and this bug persist for days/weeks because you bring back this bug every times.

I hope that you understand me, I generally love your games but this Dolby Vision Black screen bug is really annoying, every times ..., I don't understand why you don't test the game on the best "monitor" on the planet right now => LG OLED serie 9 (and the bug is present on every TV who has Dolby Vision)

Message 22 of 90 (5,150 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA tests their games in Bucharest with minimum wage-paid testers that have little to no experience. Imagine being paid $400 (with around $200 going towards rent+utilities) and maybe you'll understand why all EA's games in the past 10 years or so have been utterly filled with bugs.

Message 23 of 90 (5,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Im currently having the same issue, HdR worek only in Window/borderles mode. On Full screen dosent work correct.

Message 24 of 90 (5,057 Views)

★★ Novice

HDR/DV Issue here as well.

6700k@4.5ghz

1080ti FTW3

OLED C7 65"

Fiber Optic HDMI Cable.

This game wants to just force Dolby Vision and the first day or two I mange to disable HDR and deep color on OLED settings..well now its like stuck in HDR/DV mode and just can not load the game anymore..

DV use to work a long time ago for a short period of time with EA games and now it is just broken and its horrible..

Hell I thought about buying a 77" C9 but the guy above said he had  c9 with same issues...

Message 25 of 90 (5,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@FREE-DiRtYPOO wrote:

HDR/DV Issue here as well.

6700k@4.5ghz

1080ti FTW3

OLED C7 65"

Fiber Optic HDMI Cable.

This game wants to just force Dolby Vision and the first day or two I mange to disable HDR and deep color on OLED settings..well now its like stuck in HDR/DV mode and just can not load the game anymore..

DV use to work a long time ago for a short period of time with EA games and now it is just broken and its horrible..

Hell I thought about buying a 77" C9 but the guy above said he had  c9 with same issues...

You should buy a C9 because it now supports Variable Refresh Rate over HDMI. Then you can play without vsync and drop under 60fps but still keep a smooth experience. Plus when new video cards come out they will support HDMI 2.1 so you get 4K 120hz 4:4:4.

Hopefully EA has some kind of update for this soon. One of the biggest features of this game was being the first NFS to support HDR.

Message 26 of 90 (5,020 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the Info!

as an update of playing around... I have a total 4 displays and used OBS to share the image to see whats going on when the OLED blacks out..

i have managed to get Dolby Vision to work in 1024x768...and it breaks beyond that..

and let me tell you i thought the game looked good in 4K ultra SDR..but damn in DV the colors pop..

Message 27 of 90 (5,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Dont listen to them, EA, dont disable Dolby Vision like you did in Anthem! Its the best HDR mode and you should be working on its imporvement in every next game. Many of us moved to high planes of gaming and are playing on Oleds on their PCs dont strip us from that neat tv feature.

BLACK SCREEN FIX: for you guys. Its simple. Just DDU your driver and do a fresh install of nvidia drivers. Either set color output to auto or RGB Limited. Everytime you get black screen issue just repeat the process. Last time I played and it worked on Andromeda and BF1 was 436 driver last one where my blacks werent grayed out like on the newest one. Its nvidias fault but they are aware of it.

Message 28 of 90 (4,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have 4 OLED display, OLED77G6 / OLED55C7 / OLED55C8 / OLED55C9. (tested with and without a DENON AVC X8500H and AVR-X3400H)

There's no way to recover from black screen after leaving the game, only restart computer is working.

@KrystaGG Have you actually tested NFS HEAT with Dolby Vision on a LG OLED ? ...

DDU change nothing, i tested also on a clean install of W10 1903 and latest driver 441.12.

Tested on 3 setup with 3770K + 980 Ti // 4770K + 1080 Ti // 3900X + 2080 Ti.

By default, Nvidia is using RGB full. => DV is forced, black screen when alt tab or leaving the game.

Tried RGB Limited => DV is forced, black screen when alt tab or leaving the game.

So, don't write that you fixed it when it's not true.

And your screenshot don't come from NFS HEAT ...

Message 29 of 90 (4,922 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GoforceReloaded after leaving the game sure. Its a bug allright. Present in almost every game except bf1 if I recall. But werent we talking about launching the game and having the black bug like most of these guys mentioned?Standard smile. DV works and game works in DV, once you finish you might just hit restart button allright. Try older drivers newest 441 arent really good for us oled user since its blacks are messed up in hdr as you noticed. Try last one working like 436 or earlier. You will lose gsync support on c9 but dv will work in game
Message 30 of 90 (4,914 Views)